Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q70R Xbox 360 HDMI "No signal"

(Topic created on: 10-09-2019 11:39 AM)
erichloob
Journeyman
Options

Hi!

Recently I bought a QE55Q70RATXXH qled TV from Samsung. When I connect my Xbox 360 to the tv via HDMI, it says "No signal" on the TV.

The Xbox works fine on every other display I've tried (1080p monitor and another 4K TV from Philips). The HDMI ports on the TV also seem to function perfectly when connecting either a PC or Mac.

My ideas are running out. Could someone shed some light on this issue, has anyone else encountered this?

Things I've tried:
1) All HDMI ports (checked all ports with other devices to see that they indeed work)
2) Different cables
3) Game mode on/off, Input signal plus on/off and other settings that I found on the TV

4) Updating TVs firmware
5) All kinds of settings on the Xbox (also the settings that worked on the Philips TV)

6) Power button long-hold

Thank you!

52 REPLIES 52
Argolino
Journeyman
Options

Well, the cable must be high speed and also probably any resolution other than 480p 720p 1080p should be recognized as it is seen as a PC and not as a console. Maybe it's a problem with the recognition of the Xbox One which has a refresh rate of 120Hz while the Xbox 360 is only 60Hz. I hope the samsung engineers solve the next firmware. Ciao 

0 Likes
xbox
Student
Options

Same problem here, I've a Samsung KS7000 and it doesn't work with my xbox 360 (no signal). My xbox 360 works fine with all the other HDMI TVs and monitors, and the KS7000 works fine with all the other HDMI devices that I own (PS3, PS4, PC, etc.). I've tryed all the suggested solutions (change the resolution, hi-speed cables, etc, etc) but no one work. This problem absolutely needs to be fixed with a samsung firmware update.

PeteB83
Apprentice
Options

I also have this exact same issue. Tried all the solutions mentioned in the thread and still no success. I've chatted online with a samsung rep and their only advice was that the xbox 360 is not compatible. Considering I've got a PS2, wii and Gamecube hooked up the the same TV without any issues this seems like a serious issue. 

0 Likes
Argolino
Journeyman
Options
Hello, it is not clear why the
solution does not work with all
Samsung TVs. Which cable did y
use I have an HDMI 2.0 with
ethernet. Hope they work
out with a new firmware.
0 Likes
srh007
First Poster
Options

I have the Samsung RU8000 49" TV and have exactly the same problem. 

I really do not know why the issue is happening. It's not good enough that there is an issue with such an expensive TV.

I have tried all the steps mentioned - including the 4x HDMI cables I have. One of them is the official Xbox 360 cable I purchased as an extra. However, they are all quite old cables, so perhaps I should try a new one...

Has anyone else had this issue resolved or had further contact with Samsung?

0 Likes
Argolino
Journeyman
Options
hello I'm sorry that the problem i
not solved. have you updated the firmware
of the TV to the latest version? have you tried using a high speed
cable version 2.0 or higher? I use an active HDMI cable
(redmere technology) which.
is unidirectional (read one
of the previous posts)
probably the Xbox 360 does
not communicate with the TV
and this cable having an
internal chip communicates
with the TV bypassing the Xbox 360. Let me know if you solve.
0 Likes
srh007
First Poster
Options

Thanks so much for your reply...

I appreciate your suggestions.

1) The TV is right up to date and running the latest firmware.

2) I went to purchase a new HDMI cable today - so that's five I've tried now!

It was a brand new high speed one with Ethernet. Still no joy...

The next thing I've been considering is using a HDMI switch as this would then do the handshaking with the console rather than the TV. Of course, even if that works, I really don't think a quality product such as the RU8000 should have this issue...

Any further suggestions or advice much appreciated. Thank you.

0 Likes
Argolino
Journeyman
Options

hello, I don't think the hdmi
switch is the solution for the
problem as it only changes the
signal output but does not add
information to communicate with
the tv, for to happen you need a cable with an internal chip that sends information directly on TV.
Probably the Xbox 360 sends the signal

to the TV directly without any type of control, however I hope that after the sale of millions of consoles Samsung it will intervene directly with an update.
Good day

0 Likes
Argolino
Journeyman
Options
hello shr007 sorry for the
inconvenience, I would like
to know if you have somehow
solved the problem.I hope in a
solution from Samsung. Good day
0 Likes
srh007
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Sadly, I have still not got this issue resolved. I tried a brand new HDMI cable from the store to ensure I was using the newest available cable technology. Still not working!

My next try will be to use a HDMI splitter, I feel this may interface the Xbox, rather than the TV. However, I have not sourced a splitter yet.

Does anyone else have any fixes??

0 Likes