Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q70R Xbox 360 HDMI "No signal"

(Topic created on: 10-09-2019 11:39 AM)
erichloob
Journeyman
Options

Hi!

Recently I bought a QE55Q70RATXXH qled TV from Samsung. When I connect my Xbox 360 to the tv via HDMI, it says "No signal" on the TV.

The Xbox works fine on every other display I've tried (1080p monitor and another 4K TV from Philips). The HDMI ports on the TV also seem to function perfectly when connecting either a PC or Mac.

My ideas are running out. Could someone shed some light on this issue, has anyone else encountered this?

Things I've tried:
1) All HDMI ports (checked all ports with other devices to see that they indeed work)
2) Different cables
3) Game mode on/off, Input signal plus on/off and other settings that I found on the TV

4) Updating TVs firmware
5) All kinds of settings on the Xbox (also the settings that worked on the Philips TV)

6) Power button long-hold

Thank you!

52 REPLIES 52
Argolino
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the reply, the tv panel is 120 hz and maybe it doesn't communicate with the xbox 360 which is 60hz you should be able to try a qled 49 (60hz no vrr) to understand if the problem is that. I wanted to buy it but if they do not solve by firmware I will think about it. Please keep me updated. Thank you very much.

0 Likes
Bruce1975
Apprentice
Options

Avevo lo stesso problema ma ho risolto. Ho impostato la console  con un'altra tv samsung serie 6 4k hdr alla  risoluzione 1680x1050. La massima possibile. Poi ho portato la console sul qled q70r è la riconosciuta come pc. Poi ho reimpostato 1080p ed è tutto ok. una volta fatta la procedura poi la tv riconosce la console xbox 360 al 100% anche se la spegni. 

Argolino
Journeyman
Options

Grazie per il suggerimento, probabilmente il protocollo di comunicazione con i pannelli nativi 120hz è diverso da quello standard 60hz. Vorrei se possibile porre alcune domande. 

1) dopo questo procedimento posso usufrure di tutte le modalità ( gioco. standard ecc.) oppure devo rimanere in modalità pc?

2) allo spegnimento della tv e della console si effettua un reset o rimane in memoria l'impostazione.

Grazie ancora e a risentirci presto

Ciao. 

Bruce1975
Apprentice
Options

Ciao, nessun reset da parte della tv o della console. Una volta effettuata la  procedura descritta rimane tutto in memoria. Poi potrai ristabilire la visualizzazione a 1080p. La tv riconoscera la xbox 360 in maniera normale. Tutto in ogni caso funziona perfettamente. 

Argolino
Journeyman
Options

Gentilissimo, tu che modello hai?

Io ho il q70r 55 pollici. 

Sono abbastanza soddisfatto del tv ,ha un ottimo input lag con le console e una buona resa dei colori. Buone feste.

Grazie ancora

0 Likes
Bruce1975
Apprentice
Options

si anche io ho un Qled q70r da 55 pollici. deve ancora essere perfezionato da parte di samsung ma e' un gran bel televisore.

Cryptic1
First Poster
Options

This isn't working for me and it's driving me crazy. I've changed the resolution to 1680 x 1050 and reconnected to the tv, but still getting "no signal". The Xbox 360 works fine on our other HD TVs with the same HDMI cable, though I've tried 4 different cables just to be sure. Any other ideas?

0 Likes
Argolino
Journeyman
Options

Hi., I'm sorry that the problem is not solved, which TV model do you have?

Have you tried with other resolutions?

I don't understand why they don't create firmware that fixes the problem.
0 Likes
Cryptic1
First Poster
Options

I have model QN55Q80RAFXZA. I've tried multiple HDMI cables (that all work with other TVs), ran the HDMI cable test for each one, turned Input Signal Plus on and off, set the Xbox 360 to every resolution with device discovery on and off, tried different steps in turning on tv or Xbox first, plugging the HDMI cable in either one first. Nothing works. Yet I can hook it up to my other (older) Samsung tv using the same HDMI cable, and it connects immediately.

0 Likes
Cryptic1
First Poster
Options
I finally got it to connect! It WAS the HDMI cables. I was switching between 4 or 5 different HDMI cables that all work when connecting my Xbox 360 to my older HD Samsung TV, but my new Samsung QN55Q80RAFXZA wouldn’t recognize it with these cables. I remembered 1 other HDMI cable (PNY brand) I have that has one end labeled TV and the other labeled HDMI, it also has a sticker that says, “Hi Speed” on it. I already had the Xbox 360 resolution set at 1680 X 1050 per the instructions above, so I’m not sure if that factored in, but it connected immediately once I switched to this cable and turned it on. I then set it to 1080p and all is good now. Make sure you use high speed HDMI cables for new Samsung TVs.
0 Likes