Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture issues on UE55MU6120

(Topic created on: 05-01-2020 11:32 AM)
Garawa
First Poster
Options

We have lived in our house since 2002 and this Samsung TV is only our third in the main room! We have had it for just under 2 years and it is about be repaired for a second time. After 2 TVs lasted us 16 years, this TV will had 3 panels in 16 months! The first was repaired after dark patches appeared on the screen and was only noticeable on bright images (like rain spots were on the lens).  Now, a pink square has appeared only noticeable during dark images, and is gradually covering more of the screen. Significant loss of definition and blocking occurs in that area but vivid pictures have good definition. It occurs in pictures from native TV programmes, those on Sky and played from a Blu-ray. It also produces horizontal lines across the screen when any banner is brought up so the screen seems to be having difficulty producing almost black colours (black/no leds firing is fine). 

My question is, this is clearly 2 different faults on a panel that is/was less than a year old. Is this normal and what might be causing the pink square? Anyone had success from a similar repair? My Plasma LG was only scrapped after 7 years when a chip made the picture unwatchable. Are panel failures common on Samsung TVs because my service plan only covers 4 repairs and I would have used 2 of them inside 2 years. I cannot keep sending the TV away every couple of months! DSC_2137.JPGDSC_2178.JPG

0 Likes
0 REPLIES 0