Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On-screen volume display

(Topic created on: 02-04-2022 01:35 AM)
Sourshoes
Journeyman
Options

Hello everyone, I cannot find the setting to disable the on screen volume display on my Q80T. Is there a hidden setting somewhere? If not, can we get the option added by Samsung?

Thank you!

670387F1-6EFB-43EE-83B8-450F0EFA0244.jpeg

195 REPLIES 195
rkopeiki
First Poster
Options

TV just arrived today. One hour later I’m searching the internet for this issue and then found this thread.

Just here to provide my support for it getting fix. Make it smaller and/or make it an optional display.

Firmware update ftw

JRock69
Explorer
Options

After spending hours communicating with Samsung Support, here's the utterly idiotic response I got:

Greetings from Samsung Customer Care,

We are writing this email in regards to your recent contact with Samsung Canada support where you reported the issue on screen volume display cannot be turned off with the TV.

We have reviewed your case and we are pleased to inform you that it's a normal feature available with the TV. If you have any other questions or concerns please do not hesitate to get in contact with our Live Chat support by visiting the below Samsung Canada Support site:

https://samsung.com/ca/livechat

You can also reach us through Text We Care (932273) for instant support.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Kind Regards,
Stacie
Samsung Customer Care.

Note: Please do not reply to this email, it is from a notification email address which cannot accept incoming email.

ldesaul
Journeyman
Options

Stacy is pleased to announce that she doesn't give a *****. 

Thanks for letting us know not to reply to the email. 

Samsung support, you're useless. 

Flares
Apprentice
Options

Repost to keep thread alive. For the love of god… Please fix this so we can disable the volume level displaying when adjusting the volume.  For owners, My work around (mentioned by others) is that if you use a receiver for your sound and have a Harmony remote, you can turn CEC HDMI control off and change volume on the receiver. 

PJS28
Explorer
Options

@Flares  What do you mean use a receiver?

The only workaround I have found is to use the optical -> hdmi cable with my arc and then use my sky Q remote - it sends the IR discreetly but you lose the Atmos capabilities. 😔

0 Likes
inverted360
First Poster
Options

@Samsung please enable users to disable volume OSD. Thanks.

ScottL
Explorer
Options

My mind is blown.  It took two minutes to see what a big problem the OSD was, and only a little bit longer to find out that Samsung has not addressed this.

It's an incredibly poor design made worse by an apparent unwillingness by Samsung to fix it.  I hope they'll revisit this.  I'm not only regretting buying the TV, but also the HW-950 soundbar since there aren't even workarounds if you've made the mistake of going "full Samsung".

Please, fix this... it's horrible, and every person who's seen it has agreed.

Flares
Apprentice
Options

Just saw your question.  I disabled HDMI Cec in the “chain”. (TV and receiver). Then use the receiver remote to control volume and not the tv. I am unaware of a remedy if you use a soundbar straight from the TV. I’m in not a soundbar “guy” so there may be a way but from other posts I’ve read, it was not possible  

0 Likes
JRock69
Explorer
Options

It's an incredibly bad design. Amazingly, Samsung actually seems "pleased" that this problem exists (see my response from Samsung Canada above). Should be an easy software fix for their massive programming department, but no - better to just leave it as is and thereby convince longtime Samsung customers like me to never buy Samsung again. 

irebel
Journeyman
Options

Hello. Is there an update on this? Was this fixed? I just received the QN90B and if this is not fixed soon I will return it.

0 Likes