Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On-screen volume display

(Topic created on: 24-12-2021 09:56 PM)
Sourshoes
Journeyman
Options

Hello everyone, I cannot find the setting to disable the on screen volume display on my Q80T. Is there a hidden setting somewhere? If not, can we get the option added by Samsung?

Thank you!

670387F1-6EFB-43EE-83B8-450F0EFA0244.jpeg

195 REPLIES 195
Monkeyhands
Journeyman
Options

Hi all - I managed to find a setting, not a great picture but I turned off the HDMI-eARC setting as per the picture - when I change volume on my amp it no longer comes up on the TV screen. Hope this helps, model is QE75QN85AATXXU.DSC_0337.JPG

0 Likes
SweDENnis
First Poster
Options

Please fix this. 

1. Make me able to toggle show volume on screen. This should be a no brainer.

2. Dont display tags for type and connection [AV](Hdmi). It makes the volume tag occupy half the screen.

3. Minimum it should show the correct name when i rename it. Not the factory name Soundbar s67a. Who wants to see the modelname of your device? Its stupid. At least i could name it Volume or something.

MortBort
First Poster
Options

I can’t believe this “feature” doesn’t have options. I’m controlling volume through an amp and this giant graphic pops up. 

On an 85in TV this graphic is MASSIVE. About 2ft by 10in. No reason whatsoever for simple volume to be displayed this way. Samsung just please lump this into the accessibility options and let most people remove or at least shrink this thing. Especially when Arc is activated. 

JRock69
Explorer
Options

I just bought anAU8000 75”. If I’d known that it was going to put up a big notice onscreen, interrupting and distracting from my movie watching, every time I change the volume on my receiver, I never would have bought this TV. Does Samsung not realize that we want our TV to help us escape into our shows, rather than constantly reminding us that we’re using a TV? This is super annoying. I just sent in an Amazon return request for the TV. We’ll see what happens. I’ve been a devoted Samsung screen buyer for 15 years, but now I will avoid them like the plague. 

Billy7
First Poster
Options

This volume display “feature” on the Samsung Qled TV is actually an annoying pop up that appears on my screen a hundred or so times over an evening’s viewing. It is incredibly annoying. If I had known of this “feature” before buying, I would not have bought this TV.

RBS1981
Apprentice
Options

I have been really enjoying my 65" Q95T, but the HUGE amount of space Samsung thinks is required to display the volume is some of the worst user interface that I have ever experience. Why would anyone need to:

1. Know what arbitray number the volume is set at? 
  2. Know what number is higher than that number
  3. Know what number is lower than that number 
  4. Need to take up about 1/4 of the screen to show it
  5. Need a pointless visual "box" surrounding this useless information. 

Seriously, nobody cares if the volume is at 2 or 102. We know it is either too quiet, or too loud, so we make adjustments using the remote. 
Watching a film in the dark in an small place with a child sleeping in the next room is ruined with this volume display. When the action is loud, the volume goes down (who cares to what number?!?). Then when the action is over the volume goes back up (again, who cares to what number?!?). Why take up so much screen realestate to display this USLESS information???? It is so distracting that it ruines the cinima experience we are seeking to replicate. 
Please fix this ASAP. There is no excuse for this taking up sooooo much of the screen. It is hideous and makes me regret buying one of your flagship models. I will consider other brands in the future if this is not resolved posthaste.

Ck89
Explorer
Options

I'm glad this is continuing to get more attention and there are folks like you that share my sentiment. 

Unfortunately, it's been over  1yr since this was originally brought up and there's been zero traction to fix it. I even reached out to various mods and got a generic response "because this forum is not a US forum we will not look at it". I didn't even realize this was in the eu.community.samsung.com domain until I was told by the US moderator that their hands were tied. 

One bit of possible good news from @CarlH. Carl, back in May 2021 you had mentioned passing this info along to your colleagues (this post here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/qe65qn95a-on-screen-volume-display/td-p/3472791). Did anything come of this? Is there a page where we can make a feature request or see the status of things like this? Thanks!

JRock69
Explorer
Options

Following up on my post above, the dealer was not willing to accept a return because I no longer had the box for the TV. Now I'm stuck with this Samsung with a super-irritating volume notice popping up all the time. It's incredible that Samsung thinks this is acceptable. I will never buy Samsung again.

0 Likes
PJS28
Explorer
Options

I won't be either.  It should be a setting in the audio section to make it visible or not - surely at a firmware level this would be an easy thing to achieve?  99% of owners I suspect would hide it given the chance.  

The only way I have found around this is to connect the optical to HDMI cable (I had one supplied with my Sonos Arc) and to use a third party remote programmed to send the volume controls (in my instance a Sky Q IR remote) directly to the Arc.  This way - NO volume display at all BUT you're back to basic DD 5.1 and no Dolby Atmos etc.

Sourshoes
Journeyman
Options

Did you guys see the new Sony Bravia TVs? I bet they don't have an onscreen volume display. Calibrated with Netflix and the PS5 too. 🤔