Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noisy One connect box.

(Topic created on: 30-09-2021 02:09 PM)
thejon
Journeyman
Options

Good afternoon.

Not been on here for a while thankfully not needed to.

I recently purchased the qn95a.

When the TV is on the one connect box makes a high pitched buzzing noise.

And when its switched off the noise changes more to a hum.

Does anybody out there with this TV have a noisy box?

Thanks for any replies.

88 REPLIES 88
Leon2021
Journeyman
Options

So, after new motherboards, new one connect boxes, a brandnew Qn95a, the coil whine was still there. The technician who wanted to cover the coils in silicone putty got refused by samsung.

so the retailer generously offered a swap with a Qn95b which I hung on the wall with the slim fit mount. And yes, the coil whine is also there. It's louder, lower frequency but shorter: 2/3 seconds. 

so, I'm going to get some potting compound, or just some hot glue. Has anyone opened the one connect box of the B version? Lay out the same? 

0 Likes
Dan C
First Poster
Options

I'm so relieved to have found this community thread as I have been battling with Samsung and John Lewis over the same electronic mosquito noise coming from the back of the Samsung QN700B that I bought in Dec last year. It sounds like I've walked the same well trodden path of a new PCU and power board which make zero difference to the irritating issue when the unit is in standby.  Samsung in particular have not wanted to entertain a conversation, just shutting me down with their standard BS response that the unit is "working to specification"!

Does anyone have any other ideas of how to challenge Samsung to take this seriously as the 5 year guarantee I was given by JL is worthless in situations like this?  

0 Likes
webraider
Explorer
Options

My final update of my case (QN 95B): I received the TV back one week ago, it stated that the mainboard was changed. To come right to the conclusion: It did not solve the issue. I am meanwhile convinced that this problem exists with every model with the One Connect Box but many/most people dont notice it.

One explanation also might be that the sound is much less hearable when the TV is mounted on the wall - because after I decided to keep it because I was fed up with all the shipping back and forth I put it on the wall and since then I can still here the exact same sound, but the TV being so close to the wall seems to help reduce how loud I can hear it, I would say its now 60-70% quieter.

0 Likes
Dan C
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the further update. It’s a shame all the people on this thread don’t fancy joining together for one civil action law suit against Samsung!? They might stop taking the ***** out of their customers if they were brought to account in a court. Just an idea…..anyway I for one won’t ever buy Samsung again and urge others to do the same

0 Likes
Members_64iE7yP
Student
Options

Bought a QN95B two days ago. I also experience the fly noise and I find that the connect box makes a humming sound when the tv is off. For me its fortunate that I have the connect box on the other side of a thick wall in the garage (needed to drill quite the hole to fit the oneconnect cable ':) ). So for me it is no real issue, but it does not feel well/decent for a new tv. Thinking about returning it.

Anyone who knows why the box would make a noise when the TV is off? Then it should not be doing anything right? Apart from using power for nothing.

0 Likes
lt03
Pioneer
Options

The box is designed badly. This problem is normal, and Samsung is still claming it works as intended.

Lying ....

If i could i would return mine. In like 2 sekunds. I recommend return return return....

0 Likes
Getbil
First Poster
Options

Just got a QN95b and I have the same issue.  My ears are very sensitive to electric noise and this is very loud buzzing for me and extremely off putting. Happens without any other sources and whether the tv is on or off.

its 100% coming from the one connect box for me. 

What do I do?

0 Likes
lt03
Pioneer
Options

Return it. It is a power supply design fault. My qn95a has it. The replacement power supply had it. + this whole thread (20 peeps) has it. All report Samsung claim that there is no fault.

Return it now.

0 Likes
MPEDK
Student
Options

I have the exact same problem, but I'm pretty sure that the problem is the One Connect box, because I moved mine 1 m away from the tv itself and the noise moved with it.

0 Likes