Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

New The frame tv 2022 stuck in art mode , and other issues

(Topic created on: 28-10-2022 03:02 PM)
Chris Jones
Apprentice
Options

My  2022 frame was purchased today and now is stuck on an art work, none of the buttons on the remote will do anything apart from the on off button, “Not available “ comes up when some are pressed. 
Before it froze, it would not go into the art section on the Home Screen, when selected, it would either go to Samsung tv or to the last viewed app. 
many help would be appreciated.

I am in Australia if that matters 

thanks 

223 REPLIES 223
Solution
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi all.

To anyone experiencing this issue, please follow the below steps which will permanently fix the problem:

1.       While the TV is stuck in Art Mode unplug the TV power cord at the wall,  wait 10 seconds then re-apply power.

2.      When the TV is on again,  confirm that it is in ART mode and leave the TV operating for 10 minutes .  The TV will download the new version of the Art app in the background  (there will be no on-screen indication that this is happening).

3.      Unplug the TV at the wall,  wait 10 seconds then re-apply power.

4.      The TV will now revert to the new version of the Art App.

5.      The issue should now be resolved.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

AniBhat19
First Poster
Options

Hello Everyone, 

I tried a workaround and it seems to have worked. However, there are some caveats to this method. 
1. It requires a complete reset of the TV. So obviously, you will lose all the personal settings done on it 
2. I am no expert in this and what I tried is pretty basic. Not sure it will work the same for others. Proceed at your own risk. 

3. This is definitely a software bug, I am not sure what exactly fixed the issue, but seems to have worked for me. 
4. I am posting this after just 10 mins of testing and trying to set an art and going back to TV mode and back again to art mode and back to TV mode. Worked seamlessly without a glitch.  Although in between, I was able to only see only part of the catalogue, however it reset itself to show the complete Art mode catalogue again. 

Below are the steps if you want to try. I have had this TV only for 3 weeks and waiting for a replacement due to display issue. So resetting was not a problem for me. 

Step 1 : If you are currently stuck in art mode, get back to TV mode by any of the methods already discussed in the forum. I have a Chromecast connected, so just pressing home Chromecast sent me TV mode. Skip to step 2 if you are not stuck in art mode currently. 

Step 2: Disconnect all of the of devices currently connected to One Connect. Only the one connect cable should be connected. 

Step 3: Reset the TV completely. 

Step 4 : While setting-up TV again, skip any update if the TV tries to update. (Not sure if this was the solution, as I tried reset and skipping update  earlier while still connected with different devices to the box, but it did not work.)

Step 5 : Skip restoring any backup settings saved. 

Step 6 : Register on Smart Things app. 

Step 7 : Switch to art mode and Test. 

It has been 30 minutes since I have, it is still working fine for me. 

0 Likes
Gautamr9
Student
Options

What worked for me and as per service guys instructions..

Let it get stuck in art mode and leave it there (tv powered on) for 30 mins. It will download update to the art app in the background. After that hold power button for 5 seconds... 

Then things should work..

My TV is working now. And the issue isn't recurring.

0 Likes
RDPA
Explorer
Options

Will this delete my favorites I created? No a big deal I can just do them again.

0 Likes
Satwik
Student
Options

This worked for me. Much thanks!

0 Likes
bbeamz
Student
Options

Can confirm as owners of the 75" 2022 Frame TV that this started happening to us yesterday. I exhausted all my own tinkering, including multiple factory resets (with and without internet connection), resetting Smart Hub, verifying and tinkering with the Art subscription, etc, but nothing was/is working. Here's my experience:

- Once the display is in "art mode" it cannot be woken up by a normal power button press on the remote (but will wake from the button behind the sensor on the panel, or other force-wake options like Chromecast with Google TV)

- The "Art' app/menu item does literally nothing when being clicked on in the TV's UI. Once clicked on, it simply goes to the last TV input with no error message.

- I can, however, still browse through and activate different art via SmartThings on my phone

- However, after activating new art from my phone via SmartThings, the first bullet point kicks in, and it cannot be exited via "normal" means (not even the soft remote via the SmartThings app)

- The TV will, however, sleep into Art mode as expected, it just can't be woken up normally/natively with the remote.

This definitely seems to be a software issue that was pushed in the backend, and Samsung needs to fix this ASAP. These Frame TVs are incredibly expensive for what they are hardware-wise, and the only reason any of us purchased them was for the Art Mode. Art Mode being broken essentially invalidates the purpose of the entire device.

giancian
Apprentice
Options

I'm confirming this worked for me

0 Likes
RDPA
Explorer
Options

It's working but my Favorites are empty. I Gott do that again. I subscribe and I had a ton of items there.

0 Likes
Ehv_Nils
Apprentice
Options

Hi @ChrisM , thank you for getting involved.

The fix that you described indeed appears to be working. First boot of the TV was a bit wonky (lot's of lag in the Hub), but now things seem stable again. There does seem to be a somewhat longer delay than before when switching from Art mode to actual using the TV (Hub or content). Let's see if that persists or improves.

bbeamz
Student
Options

The fix @ChrisM posted on the last page has indeed corrected the problem. However, I'm noticing some worse performance overall of Art Mode (and the app) than I was before the issue started yesterday. I can't tell if it's just me and my local setup, or if now that folks are patching with the fix, if they're now noticing worse performance than before as well?

0 Likes