Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

New smart TV

(Topic created on: 13-03-2022 11:04 PM)
Woodrk
Journeyman
Options

My new Samsung Smart TV series 8 appears incompatible with my sky+HD box. Connected via HDMI when scanning it does not find the sky box. Occasionally, and for no apparent reason, it connects before the scan starts but does not retain the setup after shutdown. The open with the last app is on.

The HDMI cable has been changed, the TV reset, the cable unplugged and re-plugged.

The sky box works with all the non smart TVs in the house, some Samsung and some LG

If you cannot help my £400  new TV will be in the bin!

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
Woodrk
Journeyman
Options

Steph

That is exactly the problem. It will not connect to the hdmi  port which the TV says is unknown hdmi because it does not recognise the feed. If I plug it into my old TV it connects automatically when I click source hdmi.

Do you have any other suggestions please?

Richard

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Woodrk  Richard, if there is anything else I will let you know.  Just thought I would mention it in case your Sky Box was not constantly on but obviously following recommendations.  As a matter of interest do you have any other HDMI devices connected to this TV?   With a new TV there should  not be a fault with any of the ports,Samsung can reset them via Remote support if a customer is agreeable but likely not the issue. See what happens on Tuesday though.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Solution
Woodrk
Journeyman
Options

James

I am not sure if I have a solution or not. Only time will tell. The Sky man tested the box and the leads by bypassing them with his own leads and concluded that the tv would need to scan each time it was turned on but would eventually connect. He then turned on the RF control for hdmi on the sky box. As this is an old box with an RF1 and RF2, this control seemed to work through the aerial connection and the TV worked. What he did not know was why or whether it is a permanent fix.

Regards

Richard

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
@Woodrk Thanks for updating us Richard. Whilst Glad a workaround for now will need to see if it is resolved.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes