Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New connect box with 2.1 hdmi upgrade

(Topic created on: 23-11-2020 08:22 AM)
nazbobby
Explorer
Options

I have been promised by Samsung team member that I will get upgrade one connect box with 2.1 hdmi for my Q90R as soon the lockdown finished, I am still waiting here?????

232 REPLIES 232
Jccrawfo
Explorer
Options

I'm willing if someone wants to send me a new console :smiling-face: I'm trying to get on Nvidia 3080 but all sold out.  I also have an extra One Connect box for the 2019 Q900RAT that I'm 95% sure has had the HDMI 2.1 update prior to me buying the TV used but I'm not aware of any way to test short of hooking up a new console, graphics card, or the new Xiaomi 8k streamer

0 Likes
Anton774
Pioneer
Options

could you test if that connect box works with the Q90R as thats what the main topic is about on this forum @Jccrawfo 

0 Likes
tom99
Voyager
Options

-

GQ65Q800T
0 Likes
Jccrawfo
Explorer
Options

The box definitely works with my Q900R but I don't have a Q90R to test it on. However as I said I have a spare one which I'm pretty sure has the HDMI 2.1 upgrade so if someone would like to borrow it and try it out they are welcome to. 

tom99
Voyager
Options

Q900R has been upgraded with a new OCB but doesn’t have a fully supported  2.1 port yet

GQ65Q800T
0 Likes
ChrisGG
Apprentice
Options

I can remember that Samsung was advertising the possibility to upgrade the One Connect Box (as a USP compared to for example LG TVs). Did they change this policy in the last years? Does someone still have some old advertisements where they promised it? Would like to have it for a nice mail to Samsung :smiling-face:

ChrisXB
Explorer
Options

@ChrisGG Yeah, that was a huge advantage promoted when I bought the JS9500 5 years ago, and they never released a new One onnect Box, only some crappy "Evolution Kit" which was nothing more than an android box, plugged to one of the hdmi ports. My hopes that we'll get one for the Q90R are close to zero.

0 Likes
WlLKO
Apprentice
Options

I have the 2019 49” frame TV will I be getting HDMI 2.1????

0 Likes
Humorsopa
Pathfinder
Options

No, unfortunately not. 

0 Likes
WlLKO
Apprentice
Options

What is stopping me buying a HDMI 2.1 connect box and swapping it round then?

0 Likes