Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New connect box with 2.1 hdmi upgrade

(Topic created on: 19-11-2020 06:39 PM)
nazbobby
Explorer
Options

I have been promised by Samsung team member that I will get upgrade one connect box with 2.1 hdmi for my Q90R as soon the lockdown finished, I am still waiting here?????

232 REPLIES 232
mktony1992
Student
Options
any news?
0 Likes
Slyyder
First Poster
Options

I don't know all of the technical specifics so we may be talking about two different things, but here's what I've found yesterday. My Xbox series X has a drop down menu in settings that allows me to set either 60hz or 120hz refresh rate at 4k. 60hz worked fine, 120hz didn't. As of the 1372.2 update that I downloaded on my Q90R on November 9th, the 120hz setting now works flawlessly. I used these settings on Ori and the Will of the Wisps game because I know that game is designed to run 4k@120hz, there is even a settings option in the actual game which allows a player to choose between Supersampled 6k@60hz and 4k@120hz. Are there any other changes I should be looking for, or does the test I've done prove that the TV is performing as if it now supports HDMI 2.1? As far as e-arc, I haven't noticed any changes in how the TV, xbox, or sound equipment are interacting with each other, but I may just not know exactly what enhancements I'm supposed to be looking for.

I hope some of this info helps.

ChrisXB
Explorer
Options

Having tested with the Xbox Series, it almost checks everything. 4K@120Hz, VRR, ALLM are there. But no eArc, so we can't switch to Dolby Atmos or DTS:X as the audio output format of the console.  I don't know by how much, but I've read that eARC could help mitigate a bit the audio lag introduced by the ARC link to the soundbar... Mine is a Q80R and the audio delay is around 350ms (game mode, TV audio set as PCM), which is very noticeable.

edit: typos...

juarezN7
First Poster
Options

something new about that problem?

0 Likes
Anton774
Pioneer
Options

could you elaborate @juarezN7 

0 Likes
dmn90
First Poster
Options

hey, to be clear. it only works on 4th port or any of them?

0 Likes
ChrisXB
Explorer
Options

4K@120hz and such? Port 4 only

tom99
Voyager
Options

Is there perhaps someone that was able to test a new console with the Q900? While this TV has been upgraded sometime ago for HDMI 2.1 it’s not clear what it’s port four actually is capable to do.

GQ65Q800T
0 Likes
RogerL
Journeyman
Options

Works only on HDMI 4 port on my Q90R. But now there is a issue with Dolby audio delay when using eARC if you set sound to Dolby instead of PCM 😒

0 Likes
120hz4k
Explorer
Options

Using this TV at 120hz 4k + HDR and VRR with chroma subsampling 4:2:0 is just ridiculous. The one connect box is available but we can't use it. Samsung please update our TV so it's compatible with the new one connect box. I'm willing to pay for it.