Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Apple TV and Airplay firmware update not available?

(Topic created on: 14-05-2019 12:52 PM)
Saracen
Apprentice
Options

The new firmware for the 2018 and 2019 Samsung TVs to support Airplay 2 and the Apple TV app has been announced and plenty of people have posted photos of it working. But my TV can't seem to find an update from its current v. 1251 firmware. And the support pages on the Samsung website don't list a newer firmware. Anyone had success getting this update?

160 REPLIES 160
romeuribeiro
First Poster
Options

Hi all, just to make sure, does anyone noes if the eu55nu7026 will suport de airplay 2 feature?

0 Likes
DSmillie
First Poster
Options

Get a move on lol I'm curious to know why the firmware differs from model to model when it's the same manufacturer. Thanks.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @romeuribeiro 

The UE55NU7026 is not on the list of eligible models we're afraid.

@DSmillie  Firmware updates can vary from model to model.

0 Likes
romeuribeiro
First Poster
Options

Well, not so glad to hear the news. Didn't Samsung anounced that all 2019 and some of 2018 ( incluing the series 7 ) would have the update? isn't the UE55NU7026 a 2018/2019 series 7?

What makes a tv eligible for the upgrade? is it a hardware limitation? which limitation?

thank you.

0 Likes
OptimaX
Student
Options

Any update on the UE40NU7120 update?

'Near future' is pretty ambigious. some consider after 6 months the near-future becomes regular-future and others think 2 weeks should be enough for a near-future to last...

I am not demanding any specific date, but maybe something like 1-2 weeks or within the next two months...

Also, any ideas on why this particular model is so late to have it? I heard someone say 'due to licenses issue'. But nobody knows what that means...

AndrewL
Options
@romeuribeiro: It is a software limitation, and at this time the NU7026 is not listed as a compatible model, although this may change via a firmware update in the future.
0 Likes
boy1980
Apprentice
Options

No one actually responded to me so I will ask again: I have model UE43LS003 in the UK - it is the 43" Frame TV and I believe it is a 2018 model. No update available, and firmware 1270 on it currently. No Apple TV showing up anywhere. So - what is the response?

AndrewL
Options
@boy1980: If you ensure that your TV and iOS device are on the same WiFi network and select Airplay on the Apple device, does your TV show up in the list of available devices?
0 Likes
boy1980
Apprentice
Options

No it doesn’t show up. And there is no Apple TV app showing on the Frame TV either. All on same Wi-fi network and with latest software. 

0 Likes
Dimzzy
First Poster
Options

@DannyT Why are you saying that the nu6900 is not supported for apple tv when it says on https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082624/ that it is compatible?