Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Cable Disconnected/Connect message

(Topic created on: 06-10-2020 07:25 PM)
MikeP3
Journeyman
Options

Have Samsung got an answer to this irritating issue? Intermittent and sometimes frequent "Network Cable disconnected" message followed by " Network Cable connected".  My TV is a Q90R 

30 REPLIES 30
Options

You are all wasting your time on this forum. I have spent one and half hours on live chat from support with remote access - the assistant changed the DNS from 0000 to 8888 - it made no difference. 

I referred them to all the complaints on the EU and US forums, she said we don't go off the forums at all. They do not take any notice of what is going on here. I have it in writing. 

• I understand Steven but we are from Samsung and we cannot base it on the forum.
  • I am afraid that we not basing our information or details to the forum and we don't known issue for this matter.

ANyway the issue goes away if you use wireless, problem is i don't want wireless, so they have offered a one time out of warranty repair on proof of purchase as the fault started one month after the warranty expired

Now I have to find the receipt and send it to them....

Kindly send the receipt to our e-mail address to uk.technical@samsung.com and please don't forget to put the reference number ********** - AV on the subject of your e-mail - AV. Kindly give our e-mail support 24 to 48 hours to attached the receipt that you will send. Kindly contact us back using the reference number.

0 Likes
Options

You are all wasting your time on this forum. I have spent one and half hours on live chat from support with remote access - the assistant changed the DNS from 0000 to 8888 - it made no difference. 

I referred them to all the complaints on the EU and US forums, she said we don't go off the forums at all. They do not take any notice of what is going on here. I have it in writing. 

• I understand Steven but we are from Samsung and we cannot base it on the forum.
  • I am afraid that we not basing our information or details to the forum and we don't known issue for this matter.

ANyway the issue goes away if you use wireless, problem is i don't want wireless, so they have offered a one time out of warranty repair on proof of purchase as the fault started one month after the warranty expired

Now I have to find the receipt and send it to them....

Kindly send the receipt to our e-mail address to uk.technical@samsung.com and please don't forget to put the reference number ********** - AV on the subject of your e-mail - AV. Kindly give our e-mail support 24 to 48 hours to attached the receipt that you will send. Kindly contact us back using the reference number.

0 Likes
GTone
Journeyman
Options

Same here…

2021 QE75Q800T.

The worst is that I have no Ethernet cable connected.

I’m in Wifi, box in the same room and 800mbps connection.

0 Likes
PJS28
Explorer
Options

I get this from time to time.  Even upgraded to the Cat6 cable I was using to a Cat8.  It's happening less but hasn't totally gone away.  Never used to happen with my old KS9000 which is still going strong in my dining room now.  Pretty poor to be honest after spending £3k on a TV - not to mention the massive OSD whenever you turn the sound up or down using a sound bar.  

0 Likes
Consistus
Apprentice
Options

Q90t owner here. Been having these annoying pop-up messages since I bought the tv a couple of months ago. Sometimes it pops a few times in a row, in one rare case not for a whole week. But no matter what I do, it always keeps coming back. Via Wifi, cable, new cat6 cable bought, router reset, tv reset.  It pops up irregularly when watching a  movie or playing a game without ever really losing the connection. Please for the love of god...just allow buyers of these tv's to shut off notifications as a simple solution!

PJS28
Explorer
Options

It’s very poor isn’t it. I wish I could return it but I can’t show it on a consistent basis as it’s so random. That and the eArc issues, the huge volume up and down display. 

Last Samsung TV I buy and we have quite a few in the house here. 

0 Likes
Blank3k
First Poster
Options
I've had this issue on my QN95 since I got it a few months ago, it's certainly a TV Issue and not Network related as I run all my own hardware I can see if anything is having issues, and with 50 other devices connected none of them are having issues & my equipment is either gaming or streaming essentially all day long, low pings & never experience lag or drops. (short of maintenance in the area/outages)

Like others, I swapped to WiFi & the issue went away but for some reason last night my TV decided it no longer liked my wifi so I plugged in the cable to get back online and to my shock/horror despite the TV having 2 or 3 updates... this message is still popping up.... ?!?!

If this is the best Samsung can do software wise, I think I'll be moving myself away from the Samsung ecosystem.
0 Likes
GTone
Journeyman
Options

Welcome everybody to the same boat.

After almost a year with the TV, I still have this pop up.

Only a Samsung Tizen software update will solve the issue. If they dare to listen the customers a bit…

0 Likes
kingprawn007
Apprentice
Options
Same here qn95a
0 Likes
Mickw87
Explorer
Options

Same Qn95 eu

0 Likes