Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Cable Disconnected/Connect message

(Topic created on: 06-10-2020 07:25 PM)
MikeP3
Journeyman
Options

Have Samsung got an answer to this irritating issue? Intermittent and sometimes frequent "Network Cable disconnected" message followed by " Network Cable connected".  My TV is a Q90R 

28 REPLIES 28
Penguinbo
Voyager
Options
My Q85r does this a lot too. I've not solved it...I've just ignored it. Love to know if there is a reason/fix. x
BenEsmalls
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. Random disconnect messages. I switched to wireless and I stopped getting the messages but it’s still dropping the connection. 

Maximus3
First Poster
Options

I have been having similar issues for a number of years with my UHDTV 7 Series. The interesting additional problem (possibly connected to this problem) is that my TV has a brief black screen moment. It doesn't occur at the same time as seeing the  Network Cable Disconnected but at "random" times. It has been happening for the past number of months. I don't know if the HDMI port or cable are defective. No idea how to test whether the current HDMI cable is reliable/effective. 

MikeP3
Journeyman
Options

The very latest firmware/software update seems to have improved this issue. It still happens but not so often. The network doesn't actually disconnect. I have noticed that when using other devices at the same time as watching TV, this issue can occur. I am beginning to think the issue is with routers or networks rather than a TV fault. Surely Samsung could update the software so that this option could be switched off, or reduce the sensitivity of whatever triggers the message.

xxs
Journeyman
Options

It temporary loses the connection to the router.

I have no idea (aside lack of brains) why would anyone want to be notified about in an intrusive manner, given that the connection would automatically be restored shortly after.

The notification has zero practical value and it's a pure annoyance. Some bonehead product manager thought it'd be a good idea to see that.

mpzfm1
Student
Options

I received my q70t yesterdad... updated firmware... same problem...

MikeP3
Journeyman
Options

Might be of interest. I have changed from Virgin Media to Talk Talk as my internet provider. This irritating message now seems to have stopped.  Still using a wired connection. Which does suggest the issue is with the internet provider(s) rather than Samsung? Either way, Samsung could easily update the firmware with an option to disable this notification.

Brian Greenstone
First Poster
Options

Did anyone ever find a solution to this problem? It just started happening for me yesterday, and won’t stop. Very annoying

MikeP3
Journeyman
Options

I am now certain the issue in my case, was with Virginmedia or more likely their router or router firmware. After changing to Talk Talk the issue has totally disappeared.