Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neo QLED TV doesn't power up after some idle period

(Topic created on: 11-01-2023 06:56 PM)
Tymofii
Apprentice
Options

Hey community,

I've recently purchased Samsung QN95B 55" Neo QLED TV (QE55QN95BATXXU) and it misbehaves in a quite weird way. I've noticed that I cannot power it up using my remote AFTER my TV stays powered down for a while (like overnight). I have to unplug power cable from my One Connect Box and plug it back again to bring TV to life. It doesn't react to any buttons on the remote unless One Connect Box is rebooted by disconnecting it from mains.

I've raised it with Samsung support and they've advised to reset my TV (settings) to see if behavior changes. I am going to do this, hopefully, today. The challenge is that I won't be able to confirm until like next day...  as I said, it works fine while it's "warm" if you know what I mean. If I turn if off and then immediately (or few minutes after) turn it ON using remote it works fine. It then stays powered down overnight and becomes unresponsive the following day.

Quite a weird behavior. Samsung support advised to DISCONNECT IT FROM MAINS every night, because you know "it still consumes power and may impact the TV". I am like - "WHAT?!". My old Samsung Plasma TV was connected to mains for 11 years in a row and haven't had a single problem. If this is new Samsung policy, then it's a joke :smiling-face: I'd rather switch to LG! :face-with-tears-of-joy:

27 REPLIES 27
Rob_NL
Journeyman
Options

I recommend you to issue a warranty claim, the fault is in the motherboard most likely.

Ethan Fitzpatrick
Journeyman
Options

I’m going on tv number 3! This is insane! All mounted and has the Phillips hue lights on the back. 

ttboy404
Student
Options

Oddly, my literally brand new, QN 95B 65 is doing the exact same thing. We at three times so far and TV is maybe a week to two weeks old.  Last time I disabled all those stupid power save mode.

Ethan Fitzpatrick
Journeyman
Options

I am on replacement #3 and it’s finally working as it’s supposed to! It must of been a bad batch of motherboards. Poor Best Buy had to hang the heavy tv 3 times. lol  Get it replaced asap! 

mawuena
Apprentice
Options

Having the same problem.

This is very annoying and disappointing. I bought the 85-inch and I'm having the same issue. Samsung's exchange department is telling me they do not have this same model for an exchange so they will give me a coupon with which I won't be able to purchase a new one because the price went up. even though they have it online to purchase, they can give it as an exchange.

I paid for this TV to be mounted and now I have to pay a professional to unmount and mount a new one if I have to. The parts to fix the problem won't be available until May 2023. So why is Samsung still selling this TV if they know there is a problem with the TV? Samsung needs to be held accountable for this mess

Tymofii
Apprentice
Options

Apologies for going quiet for quite a while - I had other more important things happening in my life which have moved TV issues down the list priority wise. My TV is still doing this, although not as often. Last time I've contacted Samsung support they were useless (advised to disconnect TV from mains every night). I am not sure if I have to ask for a replacement, considering it is unlikely that this particular model is going to be available. Pretty bad experience - I compare my Samsung experience with the time when I owned my old Samsung Plasma TV PS51D6900 - which was a PLEASURE to have, not a single problem within 11 years up until it has died due to natural causes :smiling-face: This one is like a downgrade (quality wise).

0 Likes
mawuena
Apprentice
Options

The picture quality is nice just this annoying power issue.

0 Likes
rudyg123
Student
Options

This happens to my QN95B every few days. Instead of going through all the headaches of trying to get the TV replaced and possibly having the same issue with the replacement, I just decided to put it on a smart plug. That way, whenever it does happen, I just tell my Google Home assistant to "turn TV power off" and then "turn TV power on." That at least prevents me from having to get up and physically unplug an plug in the power cord from behind the console.

One thing I noticed is that the smart plug turns the power on, the TV automatically turns on without having to use the remote. Hopefully, this small tip will save some aggravation for this defect.

mawuena
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for this suggestion. I will defiantly give it a try. I think this will help because anytime I unplug the power from the one-connect box and plug it back, I don't have to use the remote and the TV comes on automatically 

0 Likes
Joshpings
First Poster
Options

I also am having this same issue with my 2 month old 85" QN95B. Very very disappointing as it's somewhat sporadic, but for a $5k tv- unacceptable. Is there a fix yet for this? Can they just warranty out the one connect box?