Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neo QLED TV doesn't power up after some idle period

(Topic created on: 27-09-2022 05:36 PM)
Tymofii
Apprentice
Options

Hey community,

I've recently purchased Samsung QN95B 55" Neo QLED TV (QE55QN95BATXXU) and it misbehaves in a quite weird way. I've noticed that I cannot power it up using my remote AFTER my TV stays powered down for a while (like overnight). I have to unplug power cable from my One Connect Box and plug it back again to bring TV to life. It doesn't react to any buttons on the remote unless One Connect Box is rebooted by disconnecting it from mains.

I've raised it with Samsung support and they've advised to reset my TV (settings) to see if behavior changes. I am going to do this, hopefully, today. The challenge is that I won't be able to confirm until like next day...  as I said, it works fine while it's "warm" if you know what I mean. If I turn if off and then immediately (or few minutes after) turn it ON using remote it works fine. It then stays powered down overnight and becomes unresponsive the following day.

Quite a weird behavior. Samsung support advised to DISCONNECT IT FROM MAINS every night, because you know "it still consumes power and may impact the TV". I am like - "WHAT?!". My old Samsung Plasma TV was connected to mains for 11 years in a row and haven't had a single problem. If this is new Samsung policy, then it's a joke :smiling-face: I'd rather switch to LG! :face-with-tears-of-joy:

26 REPLIES 26
Rob_NL
Journeyman
Options

The OneConnect box is software wise married with the panel. 

In case of warranty in either the panel or the OneConnect box, both devices will be exchanged. That is my experience.

0 Likes
Ethan Fitzpatrick
Journeyman
Options

I lucky bought it from Best Buy and have total tech. i just dealt with was Best Buy. They had to switch out the whole system, tv and box. I had this done 3 times in order to get one that works. 

0 Likes
mawuena
Apprentice
Options

And the funny thing is Samsung is still selling this model to customers without any prior warning. A consumer report agency needs to get involved or someone needs to take Samsung to court for them to wake up. Why haven't they recalled this model with the one-connect box? The most annoying thing is this TV is not cheap and they want you to unmount it, send it to them and when they send you a new one, you have to pay for it to be mounted. Samsung is messing up its reputation!

0 Likes
ttboy404
Student
Options

That reply is funny. Apple took Samsung to court over rounded corners, but legitmate issues, good luck

Samsungs Reputation?

I am personally over samsung, lets see...

An ice maker in the fridge, that always freezes up, don't know why, 7 years running. No fix, don't know why it does this. Keep calling service?

What was the point of "smart" double washer and double dryer, that turns off it wifi and smart connection when not in use. Kind defeats purpose of loading washer, then starting if from your car waiting to pick up your kids...works as expected.  You want to haul a double washer and dryer back to best buy, when you figure out the marketing  but  the execution were literally two different things.

that light for over the stove in that expensive microwave, no way to test brightness, literally until installed in the FRIGGIN CABINETS with already installed matching appliances. Accepted that, caused i sure didn't feel like dealing with cabinet trim and all over again (that was before the ice maker joke)

Now, my 2 800-1000.00 Android tablets Tab s7 Plus and Plus 5G (TWO of them) that Samsung DELIBERATELY disabled updated Android 13 taskbar feature with third party launchers, and their own home screen CANT EVEN DISPLAY basic widgets in the correct text size. That one is new in like Nov. Basic Home from samsung, literally can not handle BASIC TEXT size

Then there was  soundbar,  2018? 2019? HW N950? that seems to have problems, loses all surround when you connect it Smart things, and requires periodic depower at times to reset and reconnect. 

My Second TV, has failed to fire up once after being off a week, i am blaming it on an Alexa plug. That HW-950 soundbar, well, i just plugged the surge protector into the Alexa Plug. I atleast don't have crawl or climb to reset the plug (Alexa can voice command that, and Alexa voice command, actually does work)

As far as i am conerned, I bought Total tech with Best buy, Best buy on the hook for delivery and installation, EVERY SINGLE TIME, and they can just keep brining me a new tv, the next time it doesn't fire up. Again, again, and again.

I am so pissed over the tablets home screen, and can't see the WEATHER widget due text problems etc, i guarentee you, after seeing all those new foldable and rollable screen at CES this year,  been burned almost every device in the last 6 years.

EVERY MAJOR DEVICE

This is Samsungs reputation, after about 20k worth of stuff (washer, dryers, microwaves, tablets...soundbars....) good marketing, disappointments abound, and then never fix it 

0 Likes
Ethan Fitzpatrick
Journeyman
Options

I am on my third replacement and it works!!! Knock on wood, no problems still. Get it replaced asap. 

CathyMBrock
First Poster
Options

This is a great suggestion, and I tripped over this thread after having this exact issue with my new QN55QN895B 55".  This kind of stuff shouldn't happen.  I am going to keep an eye on it, and if it recurs, I will unfortunately go through as many replacements as are needed until we come across one that is not doing this.  At just over $2200, it should power up.  Period. 

We have a 5-year warranty through the reseller, so eventually, it will be replaced with a newer model as I will not accept a refurb in exchange for a set that is about a month old.  Have had Samsung TVs for years and bought this to replace one that was just over 8 years old which we never had a single problem with.   Is there any update on whether replacements are working at this late date, or whether there is a firmware update coming that might resolve this?

0 Likes
Montaser
First Poster
Options

I have purchased my 75" QN95B from a friend who barely used it a couple of months ago. i am witnessing the same problem, the TV won't turn on after night unless i unplug it from power. is there a quick fix? is it hardware? the TV was not from here so i believe SAMSUNG will not accept it as a warranty issue  

0 Likes