Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV wont turn on

(Topic created on: 18-05-2024 06:56 PM)
charscottie
Student
Options

I have returned from a holiday and my TV  (QE50Q60AAU) won't turn on. Since the first attempt to switch it on, it goes through cycles of attempting to turn on, and then 4 seconds later the screen goes black and the cycle starts again. 

I have tried disconnecting everything apart from the power cable and plugging into different sockets and before I even attempt to turn the TV on either by remote or button on the screen, it begins this cycle again. 

Below is a video, after plugging the power cable in after being unplugged for about 24 hours having not turned on via remote or button. 

The TV was working fine, before going on holiday.

What is this problem and how do I fix it?

Thanks Charlotte 

3 REPLIES 3
wilko23
Student
Options

I own a 65Q90 and have this exact same issue... My tv was on and then just went black one day and commenced the cycle of trying to power on itself. I tried new power sockets, tried to do the hard reset etc but nothing worked. I then swapped this tv with my old one. I was away for a couple of weeks and when i came back i tried to turn it on and it worked again!? I swapped my tvs back and it was going good for about a week and then it happened again.... Im guessing its some sort of power supply issue in the one connect?? Tried contacting Samsung care and did the whole video call thing but they had no idea at all. Any suggestions would be great! thanks

wilko23
Student
Options

Just to update, I had my 65Q90 looked at by a service centre and they have told me that the panel is faulty so would be around $2000 to fix it... Not happy, was hoping that it would be a cheaper electrical power related fix... Pretty disappointing to have an expensive tv like this fail so early.

Lin Pa
Journeyman
Options

The Samsung company doesn’t care. 
their products are inferior!

I have had 3 Samsung TVs all die in less than 3 years. One model was: QN43Q60TAFXZA and the second one was:QN75QN85AAFXZA the 3rd I don’t remember model. All died same way. Was watching tv, switched the channel, tv died. Both models above bought in 2021. 
the 3rd a few years before that.
I'm never buying another Samsung product. 

0 Likes