Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neo QLED Game Mode Broken (shame)

(Topic created on: 05-11-2021 10:01 AM)
RaKalckreuth
Explorer
Options

The Game Motion Plus on my QN90A does not interpolate frames during 30fps gameplay.  I've observed this same feature with the same settings and the same game on a Q80T and it works as expected giving the appearance of a higher frame rate game but not adding any apparent input lag.  This was tested using an Xbox console set to 60hz output on both the QN90A and the Q80T.

I will say that it does appear to work with 24fps film content but that's probably besides the point as the feature is for gaming.

Please return the functionality of Game Motion Plus on the Neo QLEDs as it worked on previous generations of QLED.

7 REPLIES 7
RaKalckreuth
Explorer
Options

Game motion plus does not interpolate 60Hz signal to 120Hz in game mode using De-judder setting. Nothing happens when playing 30fps game and console outputting 60Hz. Game motion plus works great with 2020 Q90T and all T series TV but not with 2021 Neo QLEDs. Just bring the old algorithm for game motion plus back!

This is broken feature. Just fixt it. Easy job.

#QN90A

#QE85QN90AATXXC

RaKalckreuth
Explorer
Options

Installed 1805.4 firmware. Did nothing for judder reduction in game motion plus. Meaning it does not interpolate 60Hz signal to 120Hz.(e.g help with 30fps games, signal is always 60Hz but games are 30fps)

0 Likes
Bajs1988
Journeyman
Options

Same problem here this feature works properly in 2020 models but on the neo qled line dejudder does nothing when playing 30fps games.

Mkhoury80
Apprentice
Options

Having the same issue here just bought this TV and this is shameful, this feature works fine with my 2018 Q8F, if it also works with the 2020 models then how did this get messed up in the 2021 version?

As far as 60-120hz upsampling that is done by the "blur reduction" setting, I confirmed this in a 60fps game and that is working fine, but definitively the 'judder reduction" (in game mode) for 30-60hz upsampling is absolutely positively doing nothing at all.

Intriguingly, outside of game mode not only does "judder reduction" work, it seems like it's the ONLY thing that makes any change; outside of game mode setting it to 5 seems to up it to about 60fps and pushing it to 10 gets full 120fps Soap Opera effect... meanwhile the "blur reduction" outside of game mode seems to make no noticeable difference.

0 Likes
Bentl78
Student
Options

Anyone got feedback for this? I got a qn800a 8k.. game motion plus judder reduction does nothing.. anyone got anything from Samsung?

fabiocrni
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

i have this problem too but Samsung do nothing to solve.

fabiocrni
Journeyman
Options

The blur and judder reduction dont work and games under 60fps looks terrible.