Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My tv has completely died after just two years - what can I do?

(Topic created on: 31-05-2023 07:14 PM)
Jaypee11
Apprentice
Options

I bought a Samsung QE50Q60TAU in May 2021 and a week ago it completely died.  It’s used for about three hours most days and hadn’t been moved or knocked.  I’m told now it cannot be repaired.  Surely this is wrong and unacceptable?  Has anyone else had this?  Every other TV we have had has lasted years and years - are Samsung TVs really rubbish?  I certainly won’t be recommending or buying them again.  Thanks! 

34 REPLIES 34
Cire605
Student
Options

I bought a UN58TU7000 in November of 2021 and it started acting up in the last month. It will power on but unreliably. About 70% of the time it will not power on and will boot for a second and turn off and repeat for hours. I also have a UN55NU6950 which was bought in November of 2019 and it died in May of 2021 with dead LED lights. I'm now using a UN58H5202 which was bought in March 2016 and still kicking! Samsung's quality seems to be terrible in their cheaper tv's.

0 Likes
dalrymro
First Poster
Options
We bought a au8000 crystal tv in april 2022 until 2 weeks ago all was well then google was discontinued and we had problems with the starting up procedure did all the factory resets unplugged the tv etc nothing worked and then it started switching itself on and off blue screen and a white line about 2 inches at bottom of screen.Tv is at the repairers .Cost of repair nearly £200 the screen needs replaced and a supporting component also.Samsung not really interested and some call handlers were quite cheeky.Surely like some car manufacturers tv makers should give at least 3 years gaurentee on the screen.Not very pleased at all.No wonder its a throw away society.We bought an lg 43" for £209 and its great assembled in holland whereas the samsung assembled in china i reckon using cheap components.Still feel angry that companies like samsung get away with this.We have another sony tv twice the age with no issues at all.I have said i wilk take them to the small claims court
0 Likes
Say no
First Poster
Options

It’s better to stay away from Samsung for expensive purchase

my 11 yr old Bravia is still working but 75 in Crystal led Samsung died in 14 months

0 Likes
dalrymro
First Poster
Options
Samsung au8000 smart 50" tv started not coming on right away at switch on eventualy it did but it took longer and longer.Cost to repair £198.75 it needs a new screen and associated component after only 2 years service.Tv is at tvrs blantyre and i am not paying that as a new lg 43" is £209 with a 2 year warranty and if i did get it repaired what other things could go wrong.Samsung customer service were very unhelpfull and quite frankly very cheeky.I noted the serial number on the tv and where it was made and it was china so they are using poor quality chinese components i reckon, so its lg for me from now in .
0 Likes
dalrymro
First Poster
Options
Yeah we have same issue with our 50" au8000 tv £198.75 to repair it so decided to get an lg 43" with 2 year warranty as if screen has gone on our samsung what else could go.No more samsung products in our home.No wonder its a throw away society
0 Likes