Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended Warranty Declined TVs

(Topic created on: 31-05-2023 08:31 PM)
AJWebb
Journeyman
Options

Has anyone else had an issue with Samsung declining the 5 year extended warranty on a TV.

I bought 2 high end TV’s direct from their U.K. website 50 days ago and at the time I checked with their sales support over the phone and both TVs had the “5 Year Warranty” logo in the RH corner when I purchased. They are listed on the promotion, the promotion is still live today, but they were both rejected citing “other promotion applied, can’t have 2” or words to that effect. I have been speaking to various people who said that was wrong after checking with marketing, but it then goes into a black hole. Went to the CEOs office and the responses are dire. 4 days apart, no real dialogue and they’re claiming there is no promotion is you buy the TV online from Samsung. But there is, and it accepts all the details. Decline emails say you can respond on a link, but just goes into a loop of unrelated links.

I have all the proof it was live when I purchased. Their schedule confirms that. It’s still live now and their sales guys have confirmed it allows to online purchases in writing to me.

But the CEO office is digging in.

I’m now consulting a lawyer. 

Has anyone had a similar issue? It seems incredulous Samsung would ignore the proof and facts the way the are with me. I have 7 of their Televisions and will now replace them as they come up for renewal. 

11 REPLIES 11
Hsav
First Poster
Options

Hi AJ,

The 5 Year Warranty Promotion for TVs, states the following;

“Purchase a qualifying product between 22 March 2023 and 31 March 2024 and successfully register your TV to receive an additional 4 years extended limited warranty service. This includes call out charges, parts and labour. It’s just another great reason to choose Samsung.”

And;

5-year warranty by redemption within 90 days on selected Samsung TVs purchased between 22 March 2023 and 31 March 2024. Selected retailers only. T&C's apply. For details please visit: www.samsung.com/uk/5yearguarantee/

Unfortunately, this promotion is for selected 3rd party retailers. As such, TVs purchased directly from Samsung are not eligible for this promotion.

TV | 5 Year Warranty Promotion -> Eligible Retailer List 

TV | 5 Year Warranty Promotion -> Terms & Conditions 

0 Likes
GJF
Journeyman
Options

I am going through the same issue now.

Samsung literally show the 5 year warranty symbols on the products on their own website.

I have no solution provided by Samsung as yet, surely it can not be denied

Screenshot_20231126_120747_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Likes
AJWebb
Journeyman
Options

Yes indeed they do.

And I screen grabbed the website when I purchased mine. Then pointed Samsung to both offers at the time of the dispute. They remained live and as you have pointed out, still are live.

They tried the ‘list of retailers’  tactic on me but that’s irrelevant. Their Samsung.com as you say ‘literally’ advertises the 5 year warranty when buying from them.

Mine were a 2023 65” The Frame and an 8k TV so high end hence the warranty being essential. I’m not a student as advertised on my profile btw. Don’t know why it says that. I also have a 43” The Frame, 2x43” UHD and a Sony 84” Master Series 8k which after paying £14,000 for it, the panel went just after a year with a Sony 5 yr warranty. Sony replaced it with the following years model. That model was £8,000 so I felt cheated, but mine was a niche run to show what they could do and it was shipped to Holland so it was gone. They honoured the warranty fairly considering that. The new TV continued the 5 year warranty as opposed to starting again. Pleased to report it hasn’t missed a beat. I’ll be Sony all the way now.

I have a 65” OLED LG G series with also has a 5 year warranty, but it’s only parts? Or only Labour? Not sure. 

Good luck with your enquiry. I’m keeping this discussion as further proof should I have an issue down the line with Samsung.

0 Likes
AJWebb
Journeyman
Options

Sorry, I missed this.

Yes, that what Samsung tried to claim. But Samsung.com appears on the application for the 5 year warranty and it accepts the application before eventually rejecting it.

And the website states it clearly. It had the symbol with “5 year warranty” and I confirmed with the online sales team at the time. I screenshotted the Webhelp when I went back to them and reconfirmed this as originally this was on a call.

I also had their agent confirm that they made a mistake and my TVs shouldn't have been rejected when the first of two was. She passed that onto ‘Marketing’ as only they could override it, but of course, you can’t speak to Marketing and the ‘office of the CEO’ just dug in and continued to entrench themselves despite all the proof they were given.

They also failed to respond to a SAR.

So that’s just their way of trying to get out of it rather than acknowledging they’re wrong. 

0 Likes
Mero66
First Poster
Options

I bought a 77" S90c from the EPP store. I spoke to a live chat agent before purchasing and was told;

Thank you for waiting patiently. As I checked here you can still register this to the extended warranty even if you have purchase this on the EPP. The 5-year warranty covers the labour and parts on the S90C 77".

The 5 year warranty logo is also plastered all over the product page. 

I received an email rejecting my 5 year warranty registration because I purchased from the EPP store. The customer service I have received from Samsung has been horrific. I will never buy from them again and I highly recommend you buy from another brand!

0 Likes
AJWebb
Journeyman
Options

That’s not the case.

Samsung tried that line, but the ‘online’ radio button for Samsung.com was active and it accepted my applications. 

I was also told by a human on Samsung hell that she’d spoken to marketing and it was a mess up with her codes.

And I’d confirmed it was fine when I bought the TV with online sales (human), and then when the dispute started, I contact sales again (webchat) and screen shotted their answer which was yes, online purchases were eligible.

oh and it said they had a 5 year warranty on the sales page and the promotion page. Both when I bought them (screenshotted) and when the dispute happened, the offer was still live and the pages clearly showed 5 years warranty.

I repeat though. The waffle above is what Samsung tried and when given all the evidence to the contrary, they just went quiet.

Sales of goods act (1979) they don’t have a leg to stand on. So they just dragged it out and made me repeat myself until the clock ran out.

I’m now considering legal action. Especially as I see I’m not alone.

AJWebb
Journeyman
Options
Yes it’s exactly what happened to me.

I put this on Trustpilot and Samsung had it taken down. I explained it all to Trustpilot and validated that everything I said was correct, but never heard back from them.

Samsung are not only horrific, but dishonest bullies.

0 Likes
Mero66
First Poster
Options

I’ve put an official complaint in with the advertising standards authority. I suggest you do the same.

0 Likes
Mero66
First Poster
Options

I’m also going to speak to my credit card company about a charge back. 

0 Likes