Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My tv has completely died after just two years - what can I do?

(Topic created on: 31-05-2023 07:14 PM)
Jaypee11
Apprentice
Options

I bought a Samsung QE50Q60TAU in May 2021 and a week ago it completely died.  It’s used for about three hours most days and hadn’t been moved or knocked.  I’m told now it cannot be repaired.  Surely this is wrong and unacceptable?  Has anyone else had this?  Every other TV we have had has lasted years and years - are Samsung TVs really rubbish?  I certainly won’t be recommending or buying them again.  Thanks! 

29 REPLIES 29
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Jaypee11 Sorry your Tv has not lasted very long  but unfortunately some sets  lifespan will be well below the average with several companies whilst others last longer than expected , this is not typical for a Samsung Tv though.  I take it you no longer have warranty.  some tips on how to prolong the lifespan here https://smarthomestarter.com/samsung-tv-life-expectancy-in-years-and-how-to-prolong-it/ 

Consumer rights go beyond warranty and port of call is the retailer, claims can be made up to six years after purchase.  However if a fault develops after the first six months, the burden is on the consumer  to prove that there was a known fault at the time of purchase. More details here https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act- 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Members_escKr9U
Journeyman
Options

Same issue happened to me. TV was rarely used. I got the QE50Q60TAU TV in December 2020, the frustrating part is that the TV was supposed to have a 5 year warranty which cannot be found in the Samsung system, they are asking me for confirmation emails for extended warranties... which I cannot find. So they get around warranty by having certain policies. They do not really care about customers. The TV broke after 2.5 years... one of their approved repair shops quoted me 531 euro to repair the TV, diagnosis being that the screen is faulty... From now on I would stay away from samsung products... lately I have issues with my S21 ultra cameras too... their products are very poor...

also the customer support is crappy, always finding a way around not to support a repair... 

such a scam with this TV i got.... paid 700 euro on it back in December 2020....

NoMoreofthisBrand
Apprentice
Options

So yes I too have QE50Q60TAU that i purchased in November 2020 not quite 3 years ago. purchased as a second set so some days it doesn't even get switched on, so its a light use set! It has now failed at just under three years. This seems to be a ridiculously common issue for this model with so many issues. Safe to say very disappointed in samsung and the level of customer support. speaking to the repair agent they have a lot of these sets through their repair shop. main board replacement looking at close to £300 repair if its the screen its close to the price of a new set and is uneconomical to repair, I id still have to pay a £100 minimum fee however.

Incredibly poor by samsung and from this experience I will never buy another Samsung set!

NoMoreofthisBrand
Apprentice
Options

Did you ever get anywhere with this?

0 Likes
Ajclarkey
Apprentice
Options

Just to add on I have the same set purchased January 2021 through the Samsung website a couple of months ago a few lines starts appearing across the screen gradually getting worse and today whole screen gone. Absolutely awful. Seems they only come with 12 month guarantee. I am also never buying a Samsung again as this is my 2nd Samsung tv with first one last less than a year. I should have known and mistakenly bought this one!!

Diana_70241
First Poster
Options

Hi there, 

Seems like it's becoming a prevalent issue with their TVs. I also purchased the Samsung UA70TU7000KXXA in March 2021, a year later, the screen went blank. Luckily, because it was still under warranty, they came to fix it. Now, a year and five months later after the first fixing took place, it gives me the exact same problem. So clearly, these TVs have issues. I have had another brand TV for over 10 years and I have never seen such faults. I really regret purchasing this Samsung TV. 

I have now had to escalate to the CEO and see if any further action can be taken because the chances of this re-occurring even after spending my money to fix it are quite high. Clearly, Samsung is not the brand for me anymore. 

Byrdy19
First Poster
Options

Seems like there are a few threads about this model dying, mine did yesterday after 2 years... bizarre-issue-with-samsung-tv-qe50q60tau/td-p/6397552 

0 Likes
Rangers10
First Poster
Options
Bought ours in April 2021 and it started with a few black lines at just over 2 years old. Spoke to Samsung who weren't the least bit interested. This week it stopped working altogether. Will never buy another Samsung TV after this!
Anna1091
First Poster
Options

The same issue here, model QE50Q60TAU dying only 1 month after guarantee expired. There must be a problem with this model ??

0 Likes