Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv won’t turn on - no red light

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
JJ12345
First Poster
Options

Hi all 

I have a Samsung Tv - Model LE40C650L 1K. It’s a few years old but in good condition…. Until today  

It won’t turn on after being absolutely fine until now. There is no red light visible either. The remote won’t work (batteries are fine) and it can’t be done manually by pressing the tv buttons. I’ve changed the power cord/plug in case it was that, but still nothing. 

If anyone has any advice it’ll be much appreciated. At the moment it’s not got any leads in (sky, Xbox etc) aside from the power lead and as mentioned, there is no red light at all. Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
TechZilla
Hotshot
Options
Have you tried a different power socket?
0 Likes
JJ12345
First Poster
Options

Yes. Bought a new one today and still nothing works. 

0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you checked the fuses in the plug and also your home Consumer unit to ensure nothing has tripped??

Also try the plug in a different socket to rule out the socket being the issue.
0 Likes
TechZilla
Hotshot
Options
I mean the plug socket in the wall, have you plugged anything else into it to see if it working? Have you checked your trip switches for your home too? Sometimes a power surge can cause one of them to trip and you just need to switch it back on.
0 Likes
JJ12345
First Poster
Options

To Piper and Techzilla

The plug and the socket are both fine. I’ve used a brand new power lead/fuse and I’ve plugged it into different sockets and they still don’t work. I don’t think anything tripped as we have used the same sockets since and they work. I will check just in case though. 

0 Likes
JJ12345
First Poster
Options

Update: my wife just told me that she heard a bang when she was moving the tv! It didn’t touch anything and sounded more like a bang from inside the tv. It was plugged in but not on at the time. Does this mean it’s easier to find out what’s wrong with it? Basically, is it f*****?  

0 Likes