Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My tv has completely died after just two years - what can I do?

(Topic created on: 31-05-2023 07:14 PM)
Jaypee11
Apprentice
Options

I bought a Samsung QE50Q60TAU in May 2021 and a week ago it completely died.  It’s used for about three hours most days and hadn’t been moved or knocked.  I’m told now it cannot be repaired.  Surely this is wrong and unacceptable?  Has anyone else had this?  Every other TV we have had has lasted years and years - are Samsung TVs really rubbish?  I certainly won’t be recommending or buying them again.  Thanks! 

32 REPLIES 32
Members_PvpkQvT
First Poster
Options

Not the same model but my Q65QN95A died after 2 years and 2 month, considering the fact that I already had to change the display because it was defective, Now I know that Samsung TV are probably the worst of all, my Panasonic EZ950 is still alive after 5 year with no issues so I probably gonna blacklist that brand for many year, hopefully it's going to improve but clearly one of the weakest brand ever. 

0 Likes
JBZH
Student
Options

I found this thread whereby I'm currently experiencing the same issue. I'm absolutely fuming. 

I treated myself to a Samsung Frame 2  and a 1/2  year's ago. Cost me 1.3k CHF. Included a 2 year Samsung warranty.

I even purchased an additional 3 year's guarantee from the retailer; or so I thought. It wasn't made clear to me just purchasing the warranty wasn't enough, I had to register it online. So that was more money wasted.

So my Frame TV started turning itself off and on repeatedly, like resetting itself. This would resolve itself after a minute or two. Then it wouldn't even work at all. 

Samsung direct me to their trusted partners....900chf they want to repair!!!

It's the most expensive TV I've ever bought and lasted 2.5 years. Disgusting. 

I have had £300 Tvs last 10 years 

JBZH
Student
Options

That's a better description of exactly what my Samsung frame started doing 6 months after the warranty expired. 

0 Likes
Members_jMUeOhN
First Poster
Options

Same here, he die after 3 year and 1 month and i didnt use alot. Just for watching movies, NOT play ps or any game condole on it.

This is worsth tv i did have buy and have pay it alot, it wos expensive.

0 Likes
Anne55
First Poster
Options

My Samsung QN50Q60BAFX2A. Dead. Samsung servicer quoted me 480.00 to fix a approx 650.00 TV. It was a nice big beautiful TV. We were so happy. We need it for my husband who has health problems. I had chosen Samsung bought it in August 2022. Unbelievable. Had a smaller Samsung, not very old, die on me a month ago. So there is 2 that dies on me!  And I had NEVER had ANY TVs die on me like this! BOO!

0 Likes
Shellz104
Student
Options

i bought a Samsung series 7 TV also  model# UN58TU7000 on November 25, 2021 and in February  2024, it also died. W TF. Samsung is NOT REPLACING IT. They think it's o.k for people to keep purchasing their whack ass TV's and they know they are no good and that they are NOT going to compensate you for, or even give you a ***** gift card with a discount. Now I have to find money to buy a new TV which will NOT BE another ***** Samsung. I am p****d 😡

0 Likes
Shellz104
Student
Options

Samsung does suck and so do their products. tVs especially. They do NOT care about their customers only about the ***** money.

0 Likes
Niven Giani
First Poster
Options

I think the best solution for me is to go back to LG, LG is quality 

0 Likes
MrsRobinson
First Poster
Options

We purchased a Samsung TV from Currys in 2021 and screen failed after 18 months. It was out of warranty and retailer wouldn’t help so we went to an authorised repairer at their suggestion. They charged us £280 to replace screen ….which again failed after just 13 months.
Our TV is now in the workshop once again and the new screen failed instantly on the bench when they tried to replace it.
3 screens in as many years? Come on Samsung this is clearly a manufacturer issue, stop ripping consumers off and respond to what is clearly a widespread issue.

Oh, and we have decided to purchase LG now , would never buy or recommend Samsung. 

0 Likes
morphogen
First Poster
Options

same i bought a TV in 2022 used it 5 times within a year and it wouldn't turn on.. they wanted 300 to fix it lol... seems like there's something wrong with Samsungs screens.. won't ever be buying a Samsung TV ever again..

0 Likes