Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-Audio Output not available

(Topic created on: 25-03-2018 03:50 AM)
guionbajo
First Poster
Options

Hi, i have a tv model UN55MU7000 and a soundbar HW-J250 conected via bluetooth. I can select the soundbar or the speakers in the tv, but not both of them.

In Menu > System > Accessibility > Multi-output Audio is greyed out. I can not select it.

How can i solve this? thanks.

57 REPLIES 57
Maverick101
Student
Options
The rear Bluetooth speakers I bought set up perfectly with that multi output setting. I had front TV speakers and rear b.t speakers together. Was nice until I realized my sound bar was muted
0 Likes
Bobbywolly
Apprentice
Options

Hi Maverick, thanks for your comments. I have checked my TV  sound options and if I select the TV Bluetooth headphone option it mutes the optical audio output (well done Samsung!). My initial problem which led me to the solution I have adopted was that under Accessibility, or any other location, the option for multi-audio output does not exist in any form, greyed out or otherwise. Hope that you find a solution to your problem. Bob

0 Likes
MarianS
Explorer
Options
No need to buy an additional Bluetooth device.
It is obvious that Samsung can bring a firmware update that "multi-output audio"option stay black, don't turn gray.
0 Likes
Maverick101
Student
Options
Agreed. It really hinders the capability of the TV. Unless there's an electronics reason that we cant use multi audio outputs at the same time. I only need to be allowed to use both HDMI and b.t sound outputs. Dumb its all greyed out unless your using TV speakers.
0 Likes
Bobbywolly
Apprentice
Options

It would be nice if Samsung did, but very unlikely. My Smart TV model UE40H6400 is now 5 years old and this problem has existed from new. Mine does not show Multi-Audio Output either Black or Greyed out. 

0 Likes
JimHep
First Poster
Options

Connect the soundbar via the optical cable, via a converter if needed:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01M5IBIXK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You'll have the choice of the TV speakers, the soundbar or both. This also works for headphones which normally connect to the TV by the 3.5mm audio jack (which cuts off the TV speakers)

0 Likes
Bobbywolly
Apprentice
Options
Hi Jim,
I don't think that your suggestion would provide what Maverick is trying to achieve. His objective is to have sound through the TV speakers, a pair of Bluetooth speakers to the rear, and his sound bar simultaneously if I have understood him correctly. It is not possible, as I understand it, to have both the optical and Bluetooth options on the TV active simultaneously. Hope that I am wrong and your suggestion solves his problem.
Regards
Bob
0 Likes
Maverick101
Student
Options

Not the TV speakers, as I'm using the sound bar via HDMI and that's 100% better than the TV's speakers.  The q90 just doesn't allow more than one sound output. I'd like to have my HDMI and b.t. active together. So, Bob you are correct. What was suggested earlier, was a firmware update could fix that. But, I doubt Samsung would oblige just so maverick's surround sound would work. Thanks for the suggestions!!

0 Likes
aminesaoudi
First Poster
Options

Hi There
Same problem with a brand new Samsung S90, no way to have both the TV Sound AND the external Samsung Bar sound (via Bluetooth) connected, it is one or the other, never both.

And the "multiple" option (under the General/Accessibility) is always grey, no way to amend that.

Any solution to this, please? 

Thanks

0 Likes
JimHep
First Poster
Options

Hi, all I wanted was to be able to connect a set of wireless headphones without cutting off the TV speakers. The solution for that was to connect them via the optical output using a Neoteck Aluminum DAC Converter Digital SPDIF Coaxial Toslink to Analog Stereo L/R RCA 3.5mm Jack Aud...

I can now hear the audio through the TV speakers or the headphones or both.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes