Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lots of Weird Q70R Issues

(Topic created on: 27-12-2022 04:31 AM)
Wolfshield
First Poster
Options

Hi all, I'm not finding any similar issues being discussed already, so I thought I'd start a new thread. I'll try to sum things up as succinctly as possible. 

This is a 65-inch Q70R from 2019 purchased in early 2020.

• TV or remote interactivity freezes - video is working; remote doesn't work, only the power button reboot
  • When TV is rebooted, it's on a dead TV channel (tuner not set us) and the GUI to switch inputs comes up slowly; selecting your input brings up the "Smart Hub is Updating" message.
  • When TV is turned on from being off, it will sometimes return to the input it was on before being turned off (HDMI4 - Chromecast with Google TV in my case) but maybe half the time switches a dead TV channel.
  • Screen will go black but pass-through audio continues, then ultimately cuts out and TV must be reset
  • Audio will drop out but video continues, then ultimately goes black; TV must be reset
  • Video drops out, audio drops out, then a light grey band appears across the bottom of the screen
  • Important: I believe I've only had this problem once when using other devices on other inputs, such as playing PS5, XSX, Switch, etc.

Anyone else encounter some/all of these and reach a solution? Any help would be great!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Wolfshield 

Could we take the full model code and current software version of your TV please? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV.

0 Likes
Wolfshield
First Poster
Options

Hi Chris, thanks for taking a look. My TV's model code is:

QN65Q70RAFXZA

Its firmware version is:

T-MSMAKUC-1401.0, B0970101/07014, BT - S (v1401)

Another odd behavior is that none of the changes I'm making to picture settings are being saved now. For example, if I try to turn off Auto Motion Plus or change the Blur/Judder settings, when the TV reboots they're back to what they previously were.

0 Likes
JBP3
Explorer
Options

"1401" says it all. Faulty firmware update pushed in August - Samsung knows of the problems with the firmware but you're going to have to wait on them to push an update....which may or may not work whenever they decide to roll it out...sometime in the future. A lot of people with TVs that won't push audio through receivers, game consoles, and soundbars, lots of other little bugs with that firmware version. Good luck!

0 Likes