Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv - hidden network connection

(Topic created on: 27-12-2022 12:50 PM)
steveonthehill
First Poster
Options
Hi I have a TV Model: UE40ES6800 that I want to connect to WiFi in my dad's care home. The network is hidden and so does not show automatically. I need to be able to enter the network name manually but I can't find out how to do this.

TV UE40ES6800 hidden-network manual connection

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @steveonthehill  When you enter the  Network settings -Wireless should see a list of available Networks and an Enter Network option.   on My TV  Enter Network is the last option on the list,just below use WPS.  you will need to know the type of security the  care Home uses. Whilst the UE40ES6800  is a 2012 model the format will be similar to the one used in this  link https://www.samsung.com/pk/support/tv-audio-video/tv-how-to-connect-with-hidden-wireless-network/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
steveonthehill
First Poster
Options
Thanks for your reply JAMES4578. I don't have those options. From the Network menu I have Network Settings & Network Status. Networks Settings gives me the attached screen. When I click Start, it looks for networks and when it doesn't find one it just returns to the same screen. Network Settings just displays unenterable fields of zeros20221227_202631_1000003445_1672172793.jpg
0 Likes