Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any fallback if an update goes wrong?

(Topic created on: 18-02-2022 04:10 PM)
countryman69
First Poster
Options

I have a QE55Q75TATXXU TV.  I'm getting the spinning blue beachball of death a lot on Britbox.  Their support suggested checking for updates on the TV.   Online updates say nothing available and to check samsung support website.  

1) I can enter the above model number and it appears in the search window yet unable to proceed any further.

2) LiveChat gave me  link to an update but I have no way of knowing what the update is going to do.  It would be comforting to see a list of enhancements and see   xx) Fixed issue with Britbox.

3) I've downloaded the update but the directory structure does not follow the instructions.  An extra item 'AUTO-FLAG' .  Gut feel suggests that this is OK and will tell the TV to update.  But gut feel messed up many an item.

4) If I do get the courage to try an update, is there any fallback position if the update goes TU ?

TIA

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
countryman69
First Poster
Options

My concern is that updating the firmware might leave me with a brick and no way of restoring to factory settings.  Or are you saying that that ability is hardwired into the TV and so can't be interfered with ?

0 Likes
countryman69
First Poster
Options

I wasn't aware that one was able to uninstall and reinstall specific parts of the s/w such as Britbox.   Any links to how to do this ?  Where the replacement s/w is to be found ?

0 Likes
countryman69
First Poster
Options

Maybe that option is on your TV but I can;t see any option to uninstall on mine.  I go to Apps...I can scroll along to Britbox but I can find no key to give me any sort of uninstall option.

0 Likes
Sean03
Pathfinder
Options
yeah it is definitely a "between a rock and hard place" feeling when these things happen. I don't have that TV but on my MA07 Smart Monitor we had the same problem with NOWTV app (which has seen been permanently removed from the platform by Samsung). The only reassurance I can offer is all the firmware updates I tried didn't brick my monitor.
0 Likes
countryman69
First Poster
Options

Many thanks.  Always good to have some real-life experience. 

0 Likes