Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop pop up notices on TV

(Topic created on: 20-06-2020 10:49 PM)
MW22
Apprentice
Options

Hi

For a couple of weeks now my tv randomly shows a banner notification at the top of the screen advising of a new privacy notice. It advises to go to the settings menu to view this.  I have done this but the message keeps appearing is there a way I can stop it.

thanks 

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
AndrewL
Options
@MW22: Please can you confirm the model number of your TV, located on the sticker on the back of the device, or in Menu > Support > Contact Samsung, and I will have a look into this for you.
0 Likes
MW22
Apprentice
Options

Hi

it is a UE40KU647OU

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@MW22: Thank you. Are you able to navigate to the Settings menu by selecting the banner, or does it give you specific steps to guide you to the Privacy Notice? Were you able to view the notice and, if so, did you see any terms and conditions that you could agree to?
MW22
Apprentice
Options

No the banner doesn't allow navigation.  The message however tells you to go to setting etc to review the changes I have done this, but there is no option to agree them or say you have read them

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@MW22 , Is this still happening for you?

If so, I've seen instances on other models where the banner has an 'OK' button- and that should take you to the relevant bit and stop the notification from happening again. And if yours doesn't have this, are you able to post a picture of the banner you're getting?

MW22
Apprentice
Options

Hi

no it appears to have stopped, either the message ran its course or I did eventually manage to accept the changes

Mary

AntS
Options
0 Likes
Iwona76
First Poster
Options
How do i stop those pop ups from coming up , never had this before just happend 20201024_183510_24169.jpg
0 Likes
Andy70
Student
Options

Um hello my tv has this same problem

image.jpg

0 Likes