Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HD channels on smart TV has disappeared.

(Topic created on: 26-10-2020 09:29 PM)
Robin63
Journeyman
Options

I have a 50” HD Smart TV, about six years old. It could receive all the HD channels available in my region, but it has suddenly decided to lose them all and I cannot seem to find them again. I have performed auto tune and manual tune but still no HD channels. In my area the HD channels are available on channel 21, however when I try to manually return and find channel 21 it finds nothing. I know it is not a problem with aerial because I have swapped it with another TV and that works perfectly well. Can anyone suggest any solutions?

19 REPLIES 19
PaulyWauly36
Pathfinder
Options
reset to factory settings via menu
0 Likes
Nikita69420
Pioneer
Options
are you using any sort of freesat box or free view?
0 Likes
Robin63
Journeyman
Options

I am using a normal aerial receiving TV signals through the air. There is no freesat box, but I do have Freeview. All the TV I get through the aerial is free to view.

I have retuned a million times and still HD channels. I have swapped the TV with another one and tuned that perfectly. When I try to tune the existing set it simply will not find any HD channels. All the SD channels are fine.

Robin63
Journeyman
Options

Thank you. I have done that to to no avail.

0 Likes
claus4
Explorer
Options
Do a Master reset
0 Likes
Robin63
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for your suggestion. Can you explain what a Master reset is? I have done a Factory reset. Is that the same thing?

0 Likes
claus4
Explorer
Options
can you tell me where you live ,i had something similar and i honed Samsung the referred me to ISL IN KETTERING A TV REPAIRER THE SORTED IT FOR ME AS I LIVE IN NORHAMPTONSHIRE
0 Likes
claus4
Explorer
Options
what model is your tv
0 Likes
Robin63
Journeyman
Options

Thanks Claus4. I live in New Forest, near Southampton!

0 Likes