Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Assistant

(Topic created on: 23-11-2021 08:52 AM)
Richard111
Student
Options

I recently purchased a 2021 smart TV (QE50QN94AAT) but cannot find/activate Google Assistant. The product description and box all talk to Google Assistant being included. However only Bixby and Alexa appear in the set-up menu.

What is needed to activate Google Assistant ?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Richard111 

Have a look at this useful link from our friends in the US!

0 Likes
Richard111
Student
Options

Thanks for the response - but my problem is that the TV is not offering Google Assistant as a voice option. It offers only Bixby or Alexa.

The TV is a 2021 Smart TV (should be compatible) and all the product info offers Google Assistant ("Hey Google" is even plastered on the box).

I have updated to latest firmware but voice setup menu refuses to offer Google Assistant. So problem remains unsolved.

0 Likes
richard10
First Poster
Options

Hi Richard,

Have you had any joy with this? I too have bought a 4K 2021 smart TV recently (QE5560A) and I have not been able to select google assistant even though its marketed as having it built in. I have also seen another webpage stating that all 2021 smart tvs are compatible ( see below). Rang Samsung helpline a number of times explaining this and they have been of no help. Just stating that I need to use an external device...

Capture1.JPG

0 Likes