Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRAME TV : Feature Request : My Photo Folders

(Topic created on: 31-10-2023 09:15 PM)
AdrianUK
First Poster
Options

I have a FrameTV and it's lovely to show my family photos and others downloaded off the Internet. The only thing missing is the ability to sort photos in to folders/albums or extend the favourite system to allow tagging of photos with a custom tag. 

If this was possible then you could start a sideshow from a folder/tag and hence control what you wanted to display - i.e. StarWars day (May 4th), American Independence day (July 4th), etc

It would also allow a bit of photo management on the TV to group photos together. 

Thanks

30 REPLIES 30
MiamiJa
Student
Options

One of the frustrations is we are all here asking for something basic which as an IT person and seller of Samsung as well as other products with technology features is legitimately a basic feature, but Samsung doesn't read acknowledge or respond to any of these requests.

A side benefit of folders is that you can simply click a folder as an example:

CARS
BOATS
PLANES

and by clicking on cars, then the slideshow is of cars, not having to hand selects from a giant list of every type of picture to pick the cars only, until your in the mood for boats, and you have to deselect and then select boats one at a time.

Another benefit as you may have experienced is if you copy 20 pics to the frame, then copy 30 ( 20 being the same as the first 20) you loose all the matting settings from the first 20, even if the pic has the same filename.  Now you have to go though each one adding your chosen pics.  If they were in their own folders, and you can select/deselect that folder, all those settings remain intact never having to redo those settings.

Samsun should really chime in and put some thought as to making this simple request happen.

On a side note, I installed the latest frame tv for a client, and the interface has changed a lot, maybe old ones should be updated to the current interface, minus any hardware limitations for the older versions.

Ahilan
Student
Options

I would love this feature too. 

But a better idea would be to show an album from Google Photos or Amazon Photos. Those who have their photos uploaded to these cloud storage, should not have to download and then upload them to Frame TV. 

Once you take a new photo and upload it to Google Photos and add them to the album shared with Frame TV, it should show the new pictures without any additional manipulation in Frame TV.

Anyway, looks like no one from Samsung is reading this. So, it does not matter what we write.

0 Likes
Kentucky Fran
Apprentice
Options

Now a year has passed since the most recent post on this thread. I have had a frustrating afternoon searching the web for "how to organize photos into folders on Samsung Frame." The only options I find involve a Samsung phone. I am an iPhone fan, so that's not going to happen. I want to see slide shows of holiday-season images that are not interrupted by photos taken on the beach. My only option is to delete the images in My Collection, add the Christmas images, and then add the others again after the holidays. This situation is likely to become an annual thing, which takes some of the joy of having a Samsung Frame.

0 Likes
Ahilan
Student
Options

You may add only the pictures you want to display as Favorite. Then display all the favorites. To mark a picture as favorite, select the picture in your phone and click on the heart sign.
Screenshot 2023-10-31 172526.png
This way you don't need to remove the pictures from "My Collection". 

I am not working for Samsung. I am just another user who joined this group to find a solution.

0 Likes
Kentucky Fran
Apprentice
Options

THANK YOU, Ahilan! I'm a little embarrassed that this option did not occur to me. Your response turns my day around. Thanks again for sharing this elegantly simple solution.

Spike27
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for offering a workaround... it's better than nothing, but does not really address most people's problem - including the OP. 

I use favourites in this way, but it's slow, unreliable and confusing when you have built up a large list of favourites. 

If we could create multiple folders for different seasons and events (Halloween, Christmas, birthday, etc) that would be a stable, 'set and forget' solution.

Plus, a lot of people have iOS or Android phones so the app is very slow and unreliable. I've given up trying to use it to add photos or select favorites. Presumably Samsung are trying to inspire force people to buy Samsung phones, but my bad experience with this Frame TV and SmartThings means I definitely do not want to waste more money on another unreliable Samsung product.

0 Likes
Kentucky Fran
Apprentice
Options

I agree, Spike27, the "Favorites" process is not going to be helpful long-term. Still, it will (I hope) get me through the holiday season. Maybe Samsung will improve the folders situation one of these days.

Ahilan
Student
Options

I am not working for Samsung. I am just another user who joined this group to find a solution.

0 Likes
WahlstromHub
First Poster
Options

Samsung moderator please respond to this thread!!!

this is a key element missing that would take the interface to a new level.  I can’t imagine it would be so hard for you to enable this option of creating folders inside MyPhotos or tagging to sort.  PLEASE. 

AppleMakeATVpls
First Poster
Options

Ok so I found a sort of workaround that is not mentioned yet in the thread.

What I did:

1. make playlists/albums on my iPhone, by grouping pictures in the Photo app of Apple into albums.

2. Go to SmartThings?! App - art mode - My Photos and yes, delete all that’s there then upload new pictures - select your Apple album, and upload all in that album.

still ridiculous I know, but it saves some time..

Fun fact, the slogan of Samsung: 

“where technology lovers and Samsung connect to defy barriers and create the new connected world” yeah.. live what you preach please :smiling-face:

Julien

0 Likes