Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature request

(Topic created on: 29-05-2024 10:12 AM)
SW12 London
First Poster
Options

I've just bought a ue43cu7100KXXU and was told in the shop that I could record to a USB or HD with it.
Can't seem to find it, or it doesn't exist.

Why on earth would they not include this?  It's a bit of software code for goodness sake!

So, feature request. Please include this in the next software update. (or tell me where to find it)

Seriously considering taking this TV back and getting a rivals TV

#ue43cu7100KXXU

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

Welcome to the Forum.

Have you considered going back to the shop where you got it from and asking them to show you how to do it?
kjdaco
Pioneer
Options
The 7100 doesn't support recording to USB/HDD. This feature only starts on the Q60 range from Samsung.
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
The CU7100 is the base model, unfortunately not all feature are available, the OS on the 7100 is a little more stripped for be ran on a entry CPU. As someone else said I think it's also Q60 + it used to be called time shift. Samsung don't actually every advertise the feature and haven't for many years so a shop selling you it based on this is on them really.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@SW12 London: I have looked into this for you, and the recording and timeshift functions do appear to be available on this model. For more information, please refer to page 116 of the user manual by following the link below.

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202404/20240426190921443/BN81-24055C-460_EM_OSPDVBEUC_...

0 Likes
kjdaco
Pioneer
Options
The CU7100 doesn't support recording. The line below what touve highlighted is the important info on this page.
I work in the TV/AV area for Samsung and the CU7100, CU8000/8500 don't support this feature.
0 Likes