Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRAME TV : Feature Request : My Photo Folders

(Topic created on: 09-07-2020 12:56 PM)
AdrianUK
First Poster
Options

I have a FrameTV and it's lovely to show my family photos and others downloaded off the Internet. The only thing missing is the ability to sort photos in to folders/albums or extend the favourite system to allow tagging of photos with a custom tag. 

If this was possible then you could start a sideshow from a folder/tag and hence control what you wanted to display - i.e. StarWars day (May 4th), American Independence day (July 4th), etc

It would also allow a bit of photo management on the TV to group photos together. 

Thanks

28 REPLIES 28
Carramba
First Poster
Options

This seems like a simple and great feature. Please add!

BillyB1
Student
Options

SAMSUNG PEOPLE...Please Listen to all these people...I add my voice.    For everyone of us there are probably 10 more people who have this need and are frustrated or not interested in digging through the web to find solutions.  PLEASE update your software as described by people above!!!!

mhodge
First Poster
Options

Brilliant concept, poorly executed. 
I made my purchase decision (10/22) after seeing the Frame at a friends house. I loved the image quality and that it afforded the possibility to make art & personal images the focal point of the room. Never did I dream the functioning for personal images would be so limited and antiquated. PLEASE enable sub-folders in “My Artwork” folder. Until that is developed I will be reluctant to recommend the Frame to anyone who inquires. 

MiamiJa
Student
Options

First, it's clear Samsung isn't reading user feedback considering this is years old already.
Secondly, this is an important feature because if you erase the pictures ( which you spent HOURS picking Matts and colors ) when you put the pictures back, all those settings are gone.

So this means you have a choice, play everything which we don't always want, or redo things.

Also no way to save those settings, NOT a very smart way to do things, considering just how technical Samsung is as a company!

JamieS79
First Poster
Options

Seriously Samsung!  This is so lame. I need to run an appletv on my smart Samsung frame in order to have any decent control over photo display. The user experience has been abysmal for such a promising piece of equipment

ToyBoy
First Poster
Options

In Netgear Meural frame several years ago, I used to create different folders (Classic arts, Modern, Personal...) and run a slideshow from a specific folder, Why is this task difficult to add for Samsung Frame which is supposed to be the latest and greatest in technology wonders.. and why I have to mix my family photos with the Renaissance era Paintings and Instagram Photography modern shots.. Is this too much to ask from Samsung , Please..

AviTenn
First Poster
Options

Hello everyone
Almost three years and Samsung has done nothing. Although it seems to me that it is very simple technically. Could this be to force us to purchase Samsung's art service? Which by the way is a good, but I still wanted my own option.
In any case, does anyone have any app and/or simple technological solution? We'll be glad to hear.
And if anyone has the details of Fram's manager so we can all give him a nod, that would be even better.....

BillyB1
Student
Options

Ive found not "folder" work around.  In fact, I have not been able to wirelessly connect from my phone in the last 6 months... just won't work and tech-service is not useful.

My only solution has been hardware - I put the photos I want on a flash-USB and plug it into the main power/hub...I can read and copy those photos.    Its brute force and does not solve the problem, just allows a work around.

Fred2air
Student
Options

I would not have bought my 50” frame tv if I knew how limited the art mode software was. I was hoping to use the tv for public exhibitions of my photographs. However the omission of a folder system and lack of batch processing of mount choices/colours makes the whole process time consuming and frustrating. Also the minimum slideshow time interval of 3 minutes is far too long to show 100 pictures in public. No one is going to hang around for 5 hours to watch a show!

Shiftie
First Poster
Options

Would love an organising feature too! If you allow uploading your own photo's it seems like a basic feature to also allow multiple albums/sub folders. A slideshow of holiday shots randomly mixer with renaissance art is so weird...