Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Firmware update

(Topic created on: 01-05-2020 06:45 PM)
LisaSc
Apprentice
Options

Hi  I have an old UE22ES5400 smart tv. It has stopped connecting to the internet either via wifi or ethernet cable. I was advised to do a USB firmware update which I'm in the process of running but the update has stalled at 62% and has been like it for around an hour. Any help would be appreciated!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TessM
Mastermind
Options

As this is still happening with a different connection, the next step would be having the TV examined by one of our engineers, locate your nearest one by following this link. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @LisaSc ,

have you these?

• Unplug all connected devices from the TV

• Unplug the TVs power cord for around 1 minute and plug it back in

• Restart the TV

• Initiate the update again

Is the TV now updating correctly?

0 Likes
LisaSc
Apprentice
Options

Hi @TessM

Thanks for the advice update has now completed. Unfortunately tv still won't connect to internet via cable or wifi, any ideas?

Thanks

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Okay, let's try changing your DNS settings. Head to Settings > Network > Network Settings > IP Settings > Set manually > 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4. If it is one, set it to the other, then try to connect again.

0 Likes
LisaSc
Apprentice
Options

In network settings I only get the option I get is to set up connection no IP settings option

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

That's fine, are you able to try to connect these to your phone's hotspot so we can determine if the issue is with the TV or the connection?

0 Likes
LisaSc
Apprentice
Options

No luck with the hotspot either. 

I open network settings, choose start, says searching for network then kicks me back to the tv screen

0 Likes
Solution
TessM
Mastermind
Options

As this is still happening with a different connection, the next step would be having the TV examined by one of our engineers, locate your nearest one by following this link. 

0 Likes
LisaSc
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for your help

0 Likes