Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download US firmware update on UE TV

(Topic created on: 26-11-2019 11:40 AM)
yitzy240
First Poster
Options

Hi all, 

I have a UE65MU9500 model tv. I used the trick to chang over the store region to access apps such as hulu and disney+, but in doing so seem to have killed my ability to install new apps (error 102). I read it has to do with the firmware update vs the app version somewhere, but when i search for a firmware update i only find for a US model. Is it possible to install US firmware on a UE TV? If so how? On a usb it is not finding the update file at all. Any other ideas? The firmware I have is pretty old and would love to update it anyway.. but locally they do not seem to be generating updates

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @yitzy240 

Could you confirm the current software version you have on your TV? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV.

yitzy240
First Poster
Options

The software version is T-KTMDEUC-1280.5, BT - S

thanks!

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
I've looked into this, and can see that you're on the latest software for the TV. Installing software/firmware from other regions can cause a number of compatibility issues. In this case, as your TV is now set up to access the US app store, you will no longer have access to apps in your region. I would recommend returning the TV to its factory settings by going to Home > Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset, rather than adding further unauthorised firmware.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@yitzy240  certainly agree with @AndrewL  that it is not advisable to install firmware from other regions, a factory reset should solve your issue.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.