Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dolby Atmos on Disney Plus

(Topic created on: 07-07-2020 08:12 AM)
prawnmadras
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I don't get Atmos support (the icon doesn't even appear in the film preview screen, all you get is 5.1) on any of the content on internal Disney+ app running on my QE49Q70R.

I know they've reopened Atmos because the same movies on the Disney+ app running on my Nvidia shield 2019 has the Atmos logo.

Does anyone else have this problem with the Disney+ app on their Samsung?  I've deleted and reinstalled the app already. Currently running Tizen 1356

96 REPLIES 96
Aquarius
Pioneer
Options

DOLBY ATMOS is working fine on my setup with Prime Video, NETFLIX and Apple TV - so no reason the Disney+ app does not support it so far 😕

MGOUDAPP
Voyager
Options

Fingers crossed. In the netherlands it is released 

MarioL3
Explorer
Options

Now is working !! 

Badmelonfarmer
Journeyman
Options

Yes, I have this issue…. Other streamers have Atmos support, display Atmos and output Atmos over DD+ for Atmos content correctly.

but Disney still says 5.1 and outputs DD+ 5.1, it does not show any Atmos logos.

The D+ app version according to the TV App Store is 1.7.1 and is says it is installed, but in the D+ app in settings it says “version 1.1.0”

0 Likes
MarioL3
Explorer
Options

Maybe you need to upgrade your TV, cos the last week I think all the people with Samsung TV had the same issue, but one day when I wake up, my tv ask me upgrade, and the voila We can have play Dolby Atmos on Disney TV, so maybe first, upgrade your TV, then Re Install Disney plus, If you still don’t have the support of Dolby Atmos maybe in your country you donde have the upgrade, and soon will come : ) 

0 Likes
MGOUDAPP
Voyager
Options

Make sure your tv had the latest software update. 
Select a content with atmos in d+, for example ‘jungle cruiser’ 

0 Likes
Badmelonfarmer
Journeyman
Options

Looks like I will just have to wait then, as everything is as up to date as it can be.

maybe they are rolling it out in batches and it has not reached my model of TV or the UK yet

0 Likes
MarioL3
Explorer
Options

Yes Could be, I have a Qled 2020 and another 2021 and both are working perfectly now, check on your TV is you have a upgrade available 

0 Likes
ChrisRudd
Explorer
Options
I watch Disney on me firestick and that has atmos
0 Likes
Aquarius
Pioneer
Options

There is also DOLBY ATMOS support on Chromecast with Google TV now, but I don't recommend it, as the picture has persistent micro-stutter in 4K 60Hz.

It's a shame Disney+ still doesn't support DOLBY ATMOS on the Q60R (2019), while NETFLIX and Prime Video do 🙄

0 Likes