Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dolby Atmos on Disney Plus

(Topic created on: 07-07-2020 08:12 AM)
prawnmadras
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I don't get Atmos support (the icon doesn't even appear in the film preview screen, all you get is 5.1) on any of the content on internal Disney+ app running on my QE49Q70R.

I know they've reopened Atmos because the same movies on the Disney+ app running on my Nvidia shield 2019 has the Atmos logo.

Does anyone else have this problem with the Disney+ app on their Samsung?  I've deleted and reinstalled the app already. Currently running Tizen 1356

95 REPLIES 95
Members_iqtYNgT
First Poster
Options

A friend i mine has the same samsung Q60t series tv like me but he gets atmos on disney+ but i don't  i have the q80r soundbar with dolby atmos and he uses the sonos arc. So why don't i have the atmos on disney when netflix does support it?

0 Likes
madboyEnda
First Poster
Options

I can confirm the following on my setup.

TV - Q70r

Soundbar - Sonos Beam Gen 2

Atmos IS working on Amazon Prime with Jack Ryan. When playing a .mkv file with Atmos support (Atmos demo file) thought the Samsung media player, I DO get Atmos output on the Sonos (shows on the app)

The TV version is 1392 and the Disney + app is 1.7.2 (though showing as 1.10.1 in the app itself)

I only get Dobly Digital Plus 5.1 from the Sonos when playing WandaVision or Endgame, which DO have Atmos support. I have fully restart the TV, reinstall the Disney + app and still the same result.

Not sure where to go after this. Don't want to have to get another device to play Atmos on D+ when other apps do it, including on board the TV itself!

0 Likes
Aquarius
Pioneer
Options

I know this situation is frustrating. Please consider to complain at Disney+ about it, like I did:

https://help.disneyplus.com/

For the time being only external streaming devices are a (hopefully temporary) "solution" ☹️👎

Cezar Wagenheimer
First Poster
Options

Is there any update on this?
Disney+ and Star+ does not support Atmos on my Samsung RU7100.

Would I need to buy an external player and ignore the TV Apps? =(

0 Likes
MarioL3
Explorer
Options

Of course ! 
You need to buy a Soundbar but no any soundbar a soundbar with the capacity to play Dolby Atmos 

Q700A 

Q900A for example 

only few TVs can play Dolby atmos, but honestly it’s really bad, I recommend you better buy a Soundbar high level 

0 Likes
Aquarius
Pioneer
Options

Hi Cezar,

yes, unfortunately you will need an external streaming device which supports DOLBY ATMOS with Disney+

I can NOT recommend the Chromecast with Google TV: it has very annoying microstutter when used in 4K 60Hz and other technical issues.

I canceled my Disney+ subscription today! I know it's the fault of Disney not supporting DOLBY ATMOS on SAMSUNG TVs but I am also shocked, that SAMSUNG is putting up with it, while the apps of NETFLIX, Apple TV and Prime Video all support DOLBY ATMOS 🤔

0 Likes