Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dolby Atmos on Disney Plus

(Topic created on: 07-07-2020 08:12 AM)
prawnmadras
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I don't get Atmos support (the icon doesn't even appear in the film preview screen, all you get is 5.1) on any of the content on internal Disney+ app running on my QE49Q70R.

I know they've reopened Atmos because the same movies on the Disney+ app running on my Nvidia shield 2019 has the Atmos logo.

Does anyone else have this problem with the Disney+ app on their Samsung?  I've deleted and reinstalled the app already. Currently running Tizen 1356

96 REPLIES 96
Krashing
Navigator
Options

Yes only arc hdmi port.

it would be nice if apps would all be the same on all platform, and then TVs are responsible of delivering the best output based on the hardware and software possibilities they have.

0 Likes
Chapax
Apprentice
Options

I am very disappointed with Samsung. 

I have own a Samsung q70t with earc and a sonos arc both compatible with dobly atmo, but I can not get it work from Disney plus app on the TV.

Netflix its OK and its work with dobly atmos.

My friend have an LG TV an he can get dobly atmos from Disney plus app on the TV.

Next time I will ger an lg TV. I am really sorry for buying Samsung TV and have this problem. 

You need to work with Disney and solve this problem.

A lot of people have trusted in Samsung and they feel disappointed. 

Krashing
Navigator
Options

I had to solve it this way, bought an Apple TV 4K and plugged it directly in the soundbar, got Dolby atmos, and also Dolby vision is showing as a badge, even if our TVs don’t support that, hdmi cable speed and color and hdr settings tells the Apple TV that the tv support it. So you get the best settings without changing tv.. it’s a compromise but I can notice a serious difference in color and video, they look way better the the tv app.. it’s a bit expensive I know but it’s anyway cheaper than buy a new tv (if you stay in the same range of price) even if you sell your tv and buy a new one you would end up spending at least 500 more.. atv 4K is 199 and you have other advantages, it will be kept update (your tv won’t) it will get more app and always get the best 

0 Likes
Chapax
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for your answer. 

I am from Argentina and here its very expensive to get apple 4k.

Also 8 I have a Samsung android phone, and I don't like Apple.

I have seen that there is a war between streaming device...

For example roku ultra have dobly atmos on disney plus, but no in Netflix

Google chromecast tv 2020, have dobly atmos on Netflix but no in disney plus.

Apple 4 k have dobly atmos in both service.

I think I need to take a time and think what to do.

I didn't know that Apple 4 k make better image than the native Samsung app for watching movies.

0 Likes
Chapax
Apprentice
Options

Hey, one question.. 

How you connect the apple tv to the Samsung TV and the soundbar?

Its this ok, from applet tv to hdmi 1 or 2, both no hdmi 2.1...

Then from the tv earc to the sonos arc?

It's that ok? Dobly atmos and Dobly vision working?

0 Likes
Krashing
Navigator
Options

It should work also like that. In my soundbar the Samsung q70t there are 2 hdmi Ports on to the arc tv hdmi and one to connect an external device, I don’t know if Sonos has it too. It’s very smart cause you can avoid te tv codec limit. But I’d you plug it in the ear. And then you set on the tv since your model should have Dolby atmos compatible mode, it should be ok anyway 

0 Likes
portenyo
Pioneer
Options

Me too, (QE65Q85R).

0 Likes
Sharken
Student
Options

This is the easiest to find topic on Disney plus app on Samsung tvs to find, so I'll add a recap here:

If you have a Samsung TV and want to get Atmos sound with the built-in Disney Plus app you can't.

LG makes tvs that support Atmos in the Disney app, that is one of the best options.

Lots of workarounds exist but we just want the Disney app with Atmos sound, period.

It's up to Samsung to fix it.

DJKuulA
Student
Options

A few points of information, for posterity:

Apple TV+ also only streams Atmos audio through an LG TV or Apple TV box.
The Vudu app on my Samsung Q9fn set streams in Atmos and sounds great.
The Apple TV+ app on the Q9fn has spectacular image quality. The Disney+ app on the TV also looks really good. They both look much better than the Netflix app (although I don't pay for Netflix in 4K).

Unfortunately, last time I was shopping for a TV, LG didn't make an LCD set that competed with the best Samsung models, and my TV room is too bright for OLED during the daytime. Still hopin' for app updates to bring Atmos to the Q9fn, 'cause I do love that TV.

0 Likes
luis_j10
Apprentice
Options

This is the first and last Samsung TV I will ever buy. OP is right, Samsung TVs can't output Dolby Atmos from the Disney+ app. I, too, spoke with Disney+ customer service and got told that my device (Samsung 65Q70R) isn't in the list of compatible devices that can stream Dolby Atmos from the Disney+ app. In march 2020, when I first bought my set, I had the option to spend $350 more for an LG Oled 55B9PUA, but I was persistent on buying a 65 inch TV. How I wish I had made that choice. Not only 65 inches was too big for my bedroom (yes, contrary to what most sites say, you can indeed go ''too big'') but I can't watch movies in Dolby Vision, I have no HDMI 2.1 and now I find that I also can't stream Dolby Atmos in the Disney+ app. Give me a break, Samsung. My Sonos Arc purchase feels like a complete waste.

Stay away from Samsung TVs. In my next purchase, I will definitely go LG.

1.png2.png3.png

0 Likes