Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dolby Atmos on Disney Plus

(Topic created on: 07-07-2020 08:12 AM)
prawnmadras
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I don't get Atmos support (the icon doesn't even appear in the film preview screen, all you get is 5.1) on any of the content on internal Disney+ app running on my QE49Q70R.

I know they've reopened Atmos because the same movies on the Disney+ app running on my Nvidia shield 2019 has the Atmos logo.

Does anyone else have this problem with the Disney+ app on their Samsung?  I've deleted and reinstalled the app already. Currently running Tizen 1356

95 REPLIES 95
Anthal
Apprentice
Options

Hi there! I have a 65Q74T TV connected to a HW-Q90R soundbar via eArc and a Shield TV 2017 connected to the TV via HDMI. I get Atmos in the Netflix TV-app not in Disney+.

On the Shield I get Atmos in the Disney+ App and not in Netflix🤔. I get Atmos in both the Prime Video TV-app as on the Shield😳.

I just don't understand what the problem is with Netflix and Disney+... 🙄

0 Likes
Trunq22
Journeyman
Options

Same issue here. The only thing is sometimes if I exit and go back it shows up and suddenly atmos appears.  Not sure if it’s TV Disney app or Stereo.  What the Pooh Bear...

0 Likes
Trunq22
Journeyman
Options

it should support it. I have a Samsung Q80t 65” and it sometimes shows atmos and sometime it doesn’t.  Some software issue going on here. Sounds amazing when it does work

0 Likes
Trunq22
Journeyman
Options

Same issue here on Samsung Q80t. Once in a great while a show would show as Atmos on Disney plus but lately it’s just gone.  It’s working great with other platforms like Netflix!  I did try the “reinstall” option for the app but same issue. SUPER disappointing. Also Disney plus plays audio and no video sometimes.   What gives Disney???  Get some techs working on this junk.   

0 Likes
Trunq22
Journeyman
Options

Atmos is part of my Q80t. Disney plus sometimes shows atmos and sometimes loses it. What gives?

TBK88
First Poster
Options

I am using Amazon Fire cube with my samsung tv and sony Soundbar but I did not get any dolby atmos.

Prime and Netflix works great with fire cube and Dolby Atmos.

Very disappointing.

0 Likes
Gloobes
First Poster
Options

I noticed this also - a few weeks ago all the Star Wars films displayed Dolby atmos but a few days ago nothing

0 Likes
Badmelonfarmer
Journeyman
Options

Subscribed,

for hopeful fix on my UE55RU7400U as others Sky Q, Netflix and Prime all work but Disney Plus and Apple TV (app) do not work with Atmos

0 Likes
Krashing
Navigator
Options

Ok,

im trying to answer y’all.

Samsung TVs have atmos passthrough only from 2019 model on, but only the Netflix tv app have atmos, and atmos content playable. Amazon prime have atmos capability also non 2018 model, but almost no content (except for jack ryan season one in original audio).

Apple TV aap and Disney plus app does not send atmos signal (on LG app they do on Samsung’s they don’t)

All of that only if you check DD+ in the audio settings and you have a atmos soundbar plugged in.

if you are using an external device, the only way to get atmos from the device is to plug it directly in the soundbar hdmi port, not the arc one.

then the soundbar send the video signal to the tv and process the audio by itself and you get atmos

Samsung lack of atmos speaker on tv is causing native app not to support it. While on LG the app can process atmos cause their TVs are certified 

ChrisFives
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the explanation! However when I change the port to HDMI, TV doesn’t even recognize the soundbar (it is only listed as a bluetooth device and we know dolby atmos has to go through cable).

So in my case it has to go through ARC port.

So is it now up for Disney to somehow upgrade their app?

0 Likes