Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Channel 4 streaming App

(Topic created on: 10-04-2024 12:23 PM)
Randusff
First Poster
Options

I have a 2014 Samsung TV. Today I tried accessing All 4 . The App disappeared in front of my eyes but the new Channel 4 App is not there for me to download. I understand we have lost access to ITVX on older Samsung TV’s , which is really annoying . Have we now lost access to Channel 4 streaming services as well ?? Grateful for any help or advice . 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

If the app was from 2014, it would likely have been replaced with a new version for your device.

Please go to the app store on your tv and search for All4 and ITVX, both of which are still available today.
S24 Ultra
0 Likes
Solution
AntS
Options

Hi @Randusff , 

I can confirm that what you suspected is indeed so.  From our TV/AV colleagues regarding 2014 TVs:

Unfortunately due to technical changes it is no longer possible to provide the Video On Demand & Catch Up Application from Channel 4.

For more information on how to access their service, please visit 'What are the minimum operating requirements to stream content on Channel 4?': https://www.channel4.com/4viewers/faqs/channel-4/what-are-minimum-operating-requirements-stream-cont...

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Randusff  unfortunately  support for Apps tends to be limited in older models, as explained in the information @AntS  posted .  A workaround would be something like an Amazon Firestick. see more here https://www.digital-tv.co.uk/guides/all-4-channel-4-on-demand-service 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Mumfie
First Poster
Options
It is no longer compatible for older Samsung TVs it would appear. Mine was working fine until I went into the Samsung App store, and it automatically deleted the C4 App saying it had expired.
I have had a lot.if issues with Samsung, from I
buying an expensive camera, only available for Samsung TV's to use on Skype, which they then deleted a short while later. They then took ITV player off.
Samsung not so smart TV's!
0 Likes
Pollik
Journeyman
Options

Interesting...it doesn't show up when I search for All 4

I can get Channel 4 app, but that does not stream live content.

0 Likes
Teknopaul
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. Went to watch my favourite programme on More4 on my 55” curved screen Samsung TV and it disappeared in front of my eyes along with ITVX and My 5.  All that is left is iPlayer!! I purchased a TV with these Apps who cone Samsung are allowed to remove them without my permission? Is that not stealing? Samsung need to give a warning with every TV they sell that it will need to be replaced every 9 years. My TV came with a separate Receiver box that was supposed to be easily upgradable - but in 5he last 9 years Samsung have never issued an upgrade! I love the picture quality and dont want to replace it unnecessarily.  Moan over feel better now! 

0 Likes