Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't select photos for ambient mode

(Topic created on: 24-03-2019 10:28 AM)
BoatMarkus
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I recently purchased a Samsung 75 inch QLED with ambient mode (QE75Q6FN). Initially ambient mode worked, but now I cannot select pictures on my iPhone when using Samsung's app "Smart things". Control works and even settings for ambient mode, but when I click to "Select photos" I just get a spinner and am unable to see any photos.

Any ideas on what I should do in order to make this work?

I have already reset the TV fully, signed in and out of my Samsung account on both devices, deleted the account and created a new one, and tried connecting from another iOS device. Follow the issue with the ambient mode, I also had an issue where I could not access the App store on the TV (just a spinner), but that resolved following that I created a new Samsung account.

60 REPLIES 60
Tomatoehoots
First Poster
Options

I wish I read this ages ago. Exactly 2.5 hrs ago!

It worked. At last. And after I set it up, I switched back to wired connection and the photos are still there!!! Thank you (and your husband)!

0 Likes
WillChi90
First Poster
Options

I updated my system software in my TV and it worked then.

0 Likes
Haksu
First Poster
Options

I cleared the smart things cache from my phone. So go to your phone setting - > apps, find smart things, open the data stored and clear the cache. My phone is on Finnish so not 100% on the terms but this fixed my error 014300. 

0 Likes
Noj_
Journeyman
Options

I spent all day today after gaining a new way to play your own music whilst in ambient mode (connect your phones Bluetooth to the TV whilst your listening to whatever app or stored music, its BRILL!), however somehow I disconnected my user account on the TV??? And didn't know, and all my ambient board photos disappeared too. So the mission began between the smart things app and my TV, unbeknown to me I entered the wrong email account into the tv, smart things worked fine on every other device,  so after much swearing 🤬 and hair pulling 🤯😱😭😱🤯 disabling,  reinstalling,  emptying caches etc etc, you get it🤔 finally I changed the tv email account that matches the phone and hey presto... 🥳🥳👌 job done.

Hope this helps you?

Ps, try the music whilst in your choice of ambient mode 👍

0 Likes
Members_x3v8eZd
First Poster
Options

I'm using an S20 Ultra, so thats a lie.

0 Likes
Woo1
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help us

We purchased a Samsung Q90T  (2020) 55" TV with ambient mode a week ago.

We've been through a sleepless & extremely frustratingly going round in circles week trying to get the ambient mode to work as Samsung advertises.  I have linked with 'Live Chat'  at Samsung 3 days running, 'Phone help' once and with the 'SmartThings via emails'. They all say different things. The last conversation with a person in the Philippines on Samsungs  live chat said that you need a Samsung Mobile with a Samsung account, use the Samsung Cloud to access ambient mode on your Samsung smart TV.   I am still waiting for a manager from Samsung to contact me as they are advertising  their products incorrectly, leading to huge problems, initially we thought there was an error with the TV, only now we think it is a software issue. 

My husband & I  have the same mobiles - iPhone XR, and use the SmartThings app.

We can alter the background (taking photos of our TV screen) and this works fine. 

What we do not understand is that we can access 4/8 of the styles under Ambient Mode /  My Album, so why can't we access all. 

This is what occurs with each one: 

• Auto Gallery - Can chose photos from my gallery, it says: 'Send , sending content to the TV.'  Sending bar doesn't indicate it's sent anything, then it says 'Error. An error occurred with your mobile and TV devices.
  • Screen Photo - says it is 'sending content to the tv', sending bar reaches about 10% then it says, 'Error. An error occurred with your mobile and TV devices.'
  • Mono: It says: 'Sending content to the tv,' sending bar reaches about 10% then it says, 'Error. An error occurred with your mobile and TV devices.'
  • Board: - It says it's:  'Sending content to the tv,'  sending bar reaches about 10% then it says, 'Error. An error occurred with your mobile and TV devices.'
  • Mono Mat: - Uploads in about 4 seconds to the TV  = Success
  • Monthly Calendar: Uploads to TV in 3 seconds = Success
  • Daily Calendar: Uploads to TV in 3 seconds = Success
  • Duo: Uploads in 6 seconds = Success

Therefore it works mostly with an iPhone so why doesn't it work in all?

I've looked at the file size of each and at the last date it was updated, and i cannot see a possible problem with this (Emoji's show if they are successful or not):

• Auto Gallery:            24MB  /  2020/3/31  😓
  • Screen:                       18MB  /  2020/2/26  😓
  • Board:                        32MB  /  2020/3/31  😓
  • Mono Mat:                25MB  /  2020/3/31  😁
  • Monthly Calendar: 34MB  /  2020/3/23  😁
  • Daily Calendar:       25MB  /  2020/2/26   😁
  • Duo:                           23MB  /  2020/3/31   😁

Therefore ones that are successful are:

Mono Mat, Monthly Calendar, Daily Calendar and Duo.

Ones that I cannot upload photos are:

Auto gallery, Screen and Board. 

I have already reset the TV Smart Hub,  signed in and out of my Samsung account on both devices, deleted the account and created a new one, and tried connecting from another iOS device and an android device (not a Samsung). Ensured we have the  latest software updates on our mobiles, SmartThings app, & TV

We have ticked all the terms and condition on the TV following: Settings / Privacy Choices.  

May I ask if anyone has similar TV what experience you have with this, and if you use a Android/IOS and what type and model you use. 

Samsung webpage advertises the Ambient mode saying: 

827A857A-8C8F-4147-911A-172ADD1C7A26_4_5005_c.jpeg

I would be grateful if you could help me with this.

I'm so confused as it seems other people with a 2020 TV can get the 'Screen' image (Full borderless photo) to load. I want to also, why can't I?  Does this mean that it's not an app update that's needed?

Linking with SmartThings and Samsung has not helped unfortunately as yet.

Many thanks.

Woo1
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help us

We purchased a Samsung Q90T  (2020) 55" TV with ambient mode a week ago.

We've been through a sleepless & extremely frustratingly going round in circles week trying to get the ambient mode to work as Samsung advertises.  I have linked with 'Live Chat'  at Samsung 3 days running, 'Phone help' once and with the 'SmartThings via emails'. They all say different things. The last conversation with a person in the Philippines on Samsungs  live chat said that you need a Samsung Mobile with a Samsung account, use the Samsung Cloud to access ambient mode on your Samsung smart TV.   I am still waiting for a manager from Samsung to contact me as they are advertising  their products incorrectly, leading to huge problems, initially we thought there was an error with the TV, only now we think it is a software issue. 

My husband & I  have the same mobiles - iPhone XR, and use the SmartThings app.

We can alter the background (taking photos of our TV screen) and this works fine. 

What we do not understand is that we can access 4/8 of the styles under Ambient Mode /  My Album, so why can't we access all. 

This is what occurs with each one: 

• Auto Gallery - Can chose photos from my gallery, it says: 'Send , sending content to the TV.'  Sending bar doesn't indicate it's sent anything, then it says 'Error. An error occurred with your mobile and TV devices.
  • Screen Photo - says it is 'sending content to the tv', sending bar reaches about 10% then it says, 'Error. An error occurred with your mobile and TV devices.'
  • Mono: It says: 'Sending content to the tv,' sending bar reaches about 10% then it says, 'Error. An error occurred with your mobile and TV devices.'
  • Board: - It says it's:  'Sending content to the tv,'  sending bar reaches about 10% then it says, 'Error. An error occurred with your mobile and TV devices.'
  • Mono Mat: - Uploads in about 4 seconds to the TV  = Success
  • Monthly Calendar: Uploads to TV in 3 seconds = Success
  • Daily Calendar: Uploads to TV in 3 seconds = Success
  • Duo: Uploads in 6 seconds = Success

Therefore it works mostly with an iPhone so why doesn't it work in all?

I've looked at the file size of each and at the last date it was updated, and i cannot see a possible problem with this (Emoji's show if they are successful or not):

• Auto Gallery:            24MB  /  2020/3/31  😓
  • Screen:                       18MB  /  2020/2/26  😓
  • Board:                        32MB  /  2020/3/31  😓
  • Mono Mat:                25MB  /  2020/3/31  😁
  • Monthly Calendar: 34MB  /  2020/3/23  😁
  • Daily Calendar:       25MB  /  2020/2/26   😁
  • Duo:                           23MB  /  2020/3/31   😁

I have already reset the TV Smart Hub,  signed in and out of my Samsung account on both devices, deleted the account and created a new one, and tried connecting from another iOS device and an android device (not a Samsung). Ensured we have the  latest software updates on our mobiles, SmartThings app, & TV

We have ticked all the terms and condition on the TV following: Settings / Privacy Choices.  

May I ask if anyone has similar TV what experience you have with this, and if you use a Android/IOS and what type and model you use. 

Samsung webpage advertises the Ambient mode saying: 

827A857A-8C8F-4147-911A-172ADD1C7A26_4_5005_c.jpeg

I would be grateful if you could help me with this.

I'm so confused as it seems other people with a 2020 TV can get the 'Screen' image (Full borderless photo) to load. I want to also, why can't I?  Does this mean that it's not an app update that's needed?

Linking with SmartThings and Samsung has not helped unfortunately as yet.

Many thanks.

0 Likes
jay4jo
Explorer
Options
Hi I've just got a Samsung TU850 is the ambient mode the same as the QLEDS in everyway??
0 Likes
PeterK4
First Poster
Options

I've the same problem with my Samsung Q95T.

I've tried to upload my pictures with Android 9 en iOS 14.3

0 Likes
Woo1
Apprentice
Options

Hi jay4jo.

I'm afraid that i don't know the answer, sorry. 

0 Likes