Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't select language on Google assistant

(Topic created on: 15-01-2023 11:50 AM)
NunziaAttilio
First Poster
Options

Hi bought a TV in France and I can't select any different language than french for Google assistant

Any help?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
AndrewL
Options

@NunziaAttilio: Please confirm the model number of your TV, located on the sticker on the back of the device, or in Settings > Support > About This TV, and I will look into this for you.

Are the menus of the TV also in French, or were you able to adjust this in Settings > General > System Manager > Language? 

0 Likes
NunziaAttilio
First Poster
Options

Hi thanks for reply 

Manu are in Italian as selected by me 

Model number is QE55Q83BATXXC 

Thanks for your support 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@NunziaAttilio: No problem. Can you try heading to Home > Settings > All Settings > General & Privacy > Voice > Google Assistant Settings, and check to see if the language can be adjusted here? 

0 Likes
NunziaAttilio
First Poster
Options

Can't change french is the only option 

0 Likes
NunziaAttilio
First Poster
Options

Hi 

Any further idea?

Cheers 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@NunziaAttilio: This may be a limitation of software, due to the fact that the TV is a French model. If you're unable to change the language for Google Assistant, please explore the other Voice Assistant options, to see if you have better luck with the alternatives. 

0 Likes
NunziaAttilio
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately my connected devices are on Google. If I had known before buying it I would have chosen a different model/brand. You should be more clear on your website, you get lost in images with special effects, and you don't pay attention to the description of the functionalities and their limits. It's really unacceptable, the brand loses its image. I'm forced to return this TV and buy another brand 

Thanks for help 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@NunziaAttilio: I completely understand your disappointment. Having looked into this further, it should be possible to change the language in the Google Assistant settings on your TV. For a guide on how to do this, please refer to the link below. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00087603/#:~:text=To%20adjust%20Google%20Assistant%27s%....

0 Likes
NunziaAttilio
First Poster
Options

Thanks but as I already wrote before with that procedure (already proposed some answer before...)  the only language option is french. I was expecting for a solution to solve  this issue but seems clear to me there's not.

Cheers

0 Likes