Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Burning smell from TV

(Topic created on: 13-11-2020 09:54 PM)
TerryGa
Student
Options

From about 6 months or so, I periodically smelled what I thought was cigarette smoke coming from another apartment, perhaps through the bathroom or stove fan. But about 30 days ago, the smell was non-stop. For those days, I could hardly breath, develop terrible headaches, some eye problems and perhaps neurological problems and some terrible memory and thinking problems. Even my blood test have shows high levels of red blood cells showing oxygen deformation (lack of).  

The smell got so bad and breathing got so bad that I though I would have to move into my car. But I come up with the thought that perhaps the burning smell was coming from something electrical. After moving things in different rooms, I discovered it was coming from my Samsung TV. 

I have unplugged my TV and now just use it as a piece of furniture, something to look at. Due to the covid-19, I have suffered financially and am unable to purchased a new TV. The one I have is older and is not under warranty.

Thanks Samsung for destroying my health.
Does anyone know of a class action lawsuit in Canada?

Terry

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @TerryGa 

That's certainly not what we like to hear. You're through to Samsung UK here. Have you been in contact with our colleagues in your region regarding this?

0 Likes
Adjt97
First Poster
Options

The burning smell that I noticed through out the house is coming from my Samsung TV. Great TV except for the smell. Obviously this is not a safe product which is a surprise. If this issue was known to Samsung why haven't they told anyone? I could very easily come home to find nothing but ashes INCLUDING my dogs. Does anyone know what, if any,  my options are?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Adjt97: I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue. I have sent you a private message in order to get this escalated for you, therefore please navigate to your profile in the top right corner > Messages, and get back to me at your earliest convenience, and I will be on hand to assist you further. 

0 Likes