Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken TV - Do Samsung TV's only last 3 years?

(Topic created on: 19-06-2020 06:30 PM)
TVuser
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

I have many tv's and they have lasted between 20 and 30 years + 

My Samsung has lasted for three years. Is this normal? I've called support and they have said tuff luck. I just find this one expensive disposable product. If that's the case that's £200 a year, ouch.

Anyone else had the same experience? 

111 REPLIES 111
Rusty 2
Apprentice
Options

it’s not small number it is a disgrace very funny how they go shortly after warranty runs out 

0 Likes
Adam-neveragain
First Poster
Options

SAMSUNG 50" Class 4K Crystal UHD 2160p LED Smart TV with HDR UN50TU8200 2020

not even three years old doing the wont turn on thing. Seems to be a very common issue, seems like a good class action lawsuit

0 Likes
INOPSU
Apprentice
Options

I just wonder if SMART TVs in general are as robust as the non smart ones. I have a panasonic with an firestick - Lasted 15 yr.   I suppose the only thing you can do is buy an extended warranty from the manufacturer.

Samsung to be fair to them are trying to resolve the issue I have with the tv opening and shutting on first go then is fine.  Phone their technical support also  there are plenty of YouTube help for black screens

0 Likes
Scorpion
Apprentice
Options

Can I ask how you got a solution as my  samsung tv has stopped working now and it's under 3 years old. I just want to get it fixed but samsung say they  won't help even though i have receipt. 

0 Likes
SD_Srfr83
First Poster
Options

I received the same response from Samsung customer service.  They were respectful about it but still weren’t helpful other than to say that I could try bringing it to a local repair shop.  It’s going to come down to what the problem is and whether or not you feel that the fix is more cost effective than just buying a new tv.

0 Likes
INOPSU
Apprentice
Options

Thy helped me through a factory reset and also I noticed that Samsung have a software update.  Its day 4 and the TV is working without shutting down.

I can only say when buying a new TV check to manufacturers website to see if they are offering an extended warranty, some even offer these free.  Or take out a third party cover.  I bought mine from @Richersounds that do offer an extra 5 year cover on top of the 1 year cover, though it doesnt mean you will get a new TV. I got 50% after mine broke after 5 years. 

0 Likes
Scorpion
Apprentice
Options

I've had the same issues with a Samsung 50" qled and Samsung and the shop where I bought it have basically said tough luck. Quality of service from both is very poor.

0 Likes
Essexkp
Explorer
Options

I have had my Samsung 75 inch TV that cost £1600 less than 3 years ago and sadly the same. Nearly £600 per year. Absolutely disgusting. Just bought a new washing machine from samgsung and the door bangs about like someone is trying to break into my house. 

0 Likes
catsteven
First Poster
Options
We bought our Samsung TV January 2021, 3yrs ago and it now has lines across the bottom of screen. 3yrs is no time!
0 Likes
SteEccles
First Poster
Options

Yes, my Q60A lasted less than 2 years. Really not what I expected from Samsung. Customer Support directed me to an expensive 'approved' repair shop 30 miles away!

0 Likes