Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4, My5 disappeared from Smart Hub

(Topic created on: 09-12-2019 08:08 PM)
SiNDW
Explorer
Options

Hi all

I have a UE32F5500 Smart  TV. I managed to log into the BBC iPlayer but it wouldn't play any programmes. I see the BBC have said they are no longer supporting the app on some Samsung TVs but this one was not on the list.

I reset the Smart Hub and now the iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4 and My5 are not showing in the Samsung apps list.

I've done a reset within the TV but still none of the apps display. Any ideas? Really hoping they haven't gone forever. The last thing I need is to buy some kind of interactive box or new TV to get these apps back.

48 REPLIES 48
SiNDW
Explorer
Options

@DavidM27 wrote:

I have a UE32H6400AKXXU.

I have:

- updated the software, current version is 2900

- turned it off and on following the instructions for H models

- reset the smart hub

- turned it off and on following the instructions again

However, this has still not restored the missing apps.  It doesn't seem possible to get through to customer services at the moment, so what should I do now?

I tried everything but the only fix that worked was to call Customer Services.  I had to wait 30 minutes to get through to someone so be prepared to wait. You can arrange a callback from them through Twitter but you can't schedule when that call will be so it's pretty useless.

When you do get through they do some troubleshooting and what fixed ours was changing the Smart Hub location to United Kingdom. Somehow it had changed the location setting of the Smart Hub. They connect remotely and change it, and after that all the apps appeared again.

0 Likes
PeterOliver
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

ive tried resetting my hub to no avail, my location is still uk but my software won’t update, it’s stuck on version 1136 and says there’s no updates. Been waiting since 4pm yesterday for a phone call from Samsung. The last person I spoke to from them said to download the latest update to a usb and plug it into my tv. My tv is bolted to the wall and I don’t have a usb so that method will be very inconvenient to be honest. I wonder if anyone else has a solution as it’s very frustrating.

0 Likes
DavidM27
First Poster
Options

@SiNDW wrote:

I tried everything but the only fix that worked was to call Customer Services.  I had to wait 30 minutes to get through to someone so be prepared to wait. You can arrange a callback from them through Twitter but you can't schedule when that call will be so it's pretty useless.

When you do get through they do some troubleshooting and what fixed ours was changing the Smart Hub location to United Kingdom. Somehow it had changed the location setting of the Smart Hub. They connect remotely and change it, and after that all the apps appeared again.

Thanks for the suggestion, the location is set to UK, so it's not that.  I was hoping it was possible to fix it without having to go through customer services as it is very hard to get through at the moment.

0 Likes
PeterOliver
Journeyman
Options

I’ve just tried the fast forward 289 rewind during smart hub reset, the country list appeared and I scrolled down to United Kingdom. When I ran the open smart hub I’ve still got no apps!!! Wasted three days messing around with this now, still waiting for Samsung to call me!!!

0 Likes
PeterOliver
Journeyman
Options

Hi all,

just thought I’d update you on my smart hub problem. I’d tried updating software, resetting smart hub, fast forward 289 rewind, changing location back to uk etc and nothing worked. I phoned Samsung and they accessed my tv remotely and bobs yer uncle they fixed it!! All my apps are back again and working! I don’t know why the first Samsung tech assistant didn’t do this in the first place- she advised me to download the update on a laptop and put it on a usb stick!! Anyway, my advice is to ring Samsung and request them to access your tv remotely and fix it. Good luck!

0 Likes
Zoigos
First Poster
Options

I had this same problem, Samsung support had to fix it as you have described (hidden regional setting in Smart Hub)

MattWelbourn
Journeyman
Options
I ended up phoning Samsung Support. They reset the Smart Hub and all is now well! MANY THANKS!
AmMaz
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same experience as you. Iplayer apps werent working. Reset and updated everything. All the TV channel iplayer apps disappeared and not available on Samsung multimedia page to download. Prime video app still there but not working.

My TV model is UE22H5600. Dont know what to do.

0 Likes
RichS
First Poster
Options

I've been struggling with the same problems for days... BUT the "FFWD 289 RWD" fix WORKED for me in the end!!

Go through the Smart Hub reset process (press Menu, scroll to Smart Hub, then Reset Smart Hub). Just to be safe, press FFWD-2-8-9-RWD at ***** stages of the procedure as I'm not out sure when it needed to be done. But it seemed that when I was on the Agree T&Cs page, I did it and it popped up a list of countries... scroll down to UK and select, then agree T&Cs, and the hub starts a different update and loads up the correct UK apps.

So I have back BBC iplayer, ITV, 4OD, and the channel 5 app now works which hasn't worked for months before my reset. 

Hurrah. I'm pretty sure this is what Samsung do remotely for you to fix, so if you can get this to work for you it will hopefully save some headaches!

0 Likes