Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

iplayer suddenly not working on UE22H5600 or UE485700

(Topic created on: 09-12-2019 06:00 PM)
northern_boy
Apprentice
Options

iplayer started asking for a TV software update about an hour ago on both our  Samsung TV's, one 22" and one 48".  both are on version 2900 and both say there are no updates available.  Presumably something has changed in iplayer but since the BBC expects the manufacturers to support it only Samsubng can fix it.  Is there a fix coming for this as we use iplayer a lot.

Thanks

Peter 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options
We've been looking into this, and we have found a solution for the H Range TV's.
1) Power your TV off from the mains.
2) Wait 30 seconds.
3) Power your TV back on.
4) Wait 5 minutes, but DO NOT press the Smart Hub Button – during this time, the Samsung Smart Hub will be updated.
5) Power your TV off at the mains again.
6) Wait 30 seconds.
7) Power your TV back on.
😎 BBC iPlayer will now be restored.

(In the unlikely event of this not recovering BBC iPlayer, please perform a Smart Hub Reset. After doing this, turn your TV off and on before setting up the Smart Hub again. You can check out this link for instructions on how to perform this reset: https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-reset-smart-hub-in-samsung-smart-tvs/

View solution in context

96 REPLIES 96
Herbie2
First Poster
Options

Same problem for our TVs. No software updates available for the models we own and the web help page www.samsung.com/uk/support doesn't provide any help whatsoever.

Does anyone have any information on how to fix this?

thanks.

0 Likes
KeithLawrence
Student
Options

Same problem here, same tv as original poster. This is major pain for us as we use iPlayer to play kids tv for our little son, its the only thing for a quiet dinner time!

0 Likes
RumburaK
First Poster
Options

Same problem on H6670 or UE55H6670STXXU. I remember that the software version was for a long while 2890 and suddenly I realised that the new version was auto-updated and is now 2900, released on 29-Nov-2019 and the only one available here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE55H6670STXXU/

However, BBC iPlayer upon trying to play any video, will show a snake for a few seconds then freeze.

BTW has anyone of you had the TV ever in service? Mine was once in Currys service for a flat panel discromance, and they proposed to write it off but I refused. Maybe they invalidated some service IDs?

I tried:

- update now: no updates available

- update via USB: no valid updates files found (2900 was on USB)

- factory reset: reset then did some app updates, iPlayer re-registered still doesn't work (with or without beta)

- support->self diagnosis->smart hub connection test: "Unable to complete Samsung Apps Panel test."; "Unable to launch Apps. You need to update your TV software. If the problem continues, please contact the Samsung Service Centre.(ERR08003)"

I also found this recent announcement: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/bbc-iplayer-software-update/

Already thinking on pluggin in a FireTV stick I had somewhere instead. Samsung apps were always worse anyway.

0 Likes
PD9
First Poster
Options

Same issue tonight

0 Likes
abitoftap
Apprentice
Options

Same problem with iplayer. Just started tonight. No Samsung update available. 2900 current version. I had to log in again a couple of months ago. Thsi is a different problem to that.

LorRaaaaaa
First Poster
Options

Same here

0 Likes
chadderz2020
Student
Options

I also have the same problem with iplayer on a Samsung UE55H6400AK. Just started tonight 09/12/2019. No Samsung update available. 2900 current version

0 Likes
abitoftap
Apprentice
Options

My tv is a UE405500. Not mentioned in the Samsung info release earlier as being sorted by early 2020, and doesn't have an update beyond 2900 available  now.

0 Likes
PD9
First Poster
Options

Yes, I'm not getting anything playing either now on UE48H6600. Software version 2900.

Player loads and get the message: In order to continue using BBC IPlayer please ensure your TV has been updated with the latest software.

Press 'Okay, got it'. 

Select a programme and nothing plays.

Error message: (02001) something went wrong loading this programme. This is usually a temporary problem. You can try this programme again or try a different programme.

0 Likes