Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

iplayer suddenly not working on UE22H5600 or UE485700

(Topic created on: 09-12-2019 06:00 PM)
northern_boy
Apprentice
Options

iplayer started asking for a TV software update about an hour ago on both our  Samsung TV's, one 22" and one 48".  both are on version 2900 and both say there are no updates available.  Presumably something has changed in iplayer but since the BBC expects the manufacturers to support it only Samsubng can fix it.  Is there a fix coming for this as we use iplayer a lot.

Thanks

Peter 

Go to solution
96 REPLIES 96
suewoo
Journeyman
Options

Yes same happening on our UE37ES5500 and UE22H5600 - have been holding on phone for Samsung for over half an hour - they are probably closed now!!

0 Likes
suewoo
Journeyman
Options

I have sent an email to Samsung support as chat line had no operatives available 

0 Likes
northern_boy
Apprentice
Options

I spent an hour on remote access with a Samsung technician and he appeared not to have a clue.  He basically tried all the things I had already done.

There is a list of Samsung models on the BBC iplayer site that the BBC says will not work with the newest iplayer although my model is not listed.

Speaking to Samsung support they seem unsure as to whether an update is coming soon or whether we should alll be buying Chromecast/NOW TV sticks.

Peter

0 Likes
suewoo
Journeyman
Options

Hi All  Success with one television.  Phoned Samsung - hung on to be answered for over 40 minutes due to weight of calls this evening.  Spoke to excellent customer service agent in the Phillipines who remotely accessed both my tvs.  She had partial success updating software on UE22H5600 but when turned off and turned on again it had not fixed it entirely so she has taken screen shots throughout and reported to her technical team.  They are waiting for the official update from 2900 which I already have and will phone me when it is available and go through the stages remotely with me.

On our other TV EU37ES5500 it had Update 2007 (much older TV and we suffer from dire BT download speeds in North London - but don't get me started on that) she was only registering 7bps when she accessed it remotely.  She downloaded version 2009 - the latest version for this tv and accessed it through the Samsung app on my tv.  It worked even after turning off and on again (which the other tv didn't).  I then tried to access it through BBCiplayer and it worked - although that 'ok i got it' message annoyingly still comes up - just click ok!!  The agent's supervisor then came on to reassure me that they are working on the new update and will contact me as soon as ready.  It would appear that BBCiplayer is where the hitch is -not sending correct updates ready for the announced date!  

Samsung could not have been more helpful.

0 Likes
BmthSteve
Student
Options

Same problem with model UE48H5500AK - no updates available for either Samsung software or the iPlayer app and although iPlayer opens OK, no programme will play. Surprised when searching on Google to see that this was being talked about in July, yet we have had no warning until this notice appeared on our TVs today (9/12/19).   This model is not listed as one that will no longer support the iPlayer, so why the problem now?

SOLVED 12/12 - power off for 30 seconds, power on for 5 minutes then power off again for 30 seconds...when you switch back on iPlayer is back up and running!  My faith in Samsung is restored!  This solution applies to the 'H' range, which I assume refers to the 'H' in the middle of my model number.

0 Likes
Jersey88
First Poster
Options

Same on UE55HD7500

0 Likes
Charlieb11
First Poster
Options

Having the same issue on ue48h6400

0 Likes
Shires
First Poster
Options

Exactly same problem onUE40f6320 TV. Carried out update and Smart hub reset and still BBC I Player not working. My TV was not listed by Samsung as unsupported so should work. We only use I Player to watch BBC so now unable to watch the BBC. Any ideas anyone?

0 Likes
suewoo
Journeyman
Options

Phone Samsung Customer Services!  They will access your tv remotely and if they can't fix the problem will give a ref number and technician will call you when software update is available and can be installed. 0333 0000 333

0 Likes
Shires
First Poster
Options

Thank you for the reply but I think the world is phoning the customer supporrt, waited 45 minutes but no reply. I have sent an e mail.

0 Likes