Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

iplayer suddenly not working on UE22H5600 or UE485700

(Topic created on: 09-12-2019 06:00 PM)
northern_boy
Apprentice
Options

iplayer started asking for a TV software update about an hour ago on both our  Samsung TV's, one 22" and one 48".  both are on version 2900 and both say there are no updates available.  Presumably something has changed in iplayer but since the BBC expects the manufacturers to support it only Samsubng can fix it.  Is there a fix coming for this as we use iplayer a lot.

Thanks

Peter 

Go to solution
96 REPLIES 96
abbeywell
Apprentice
Options
Michael81
First Poster
Options
After waiting nearly an hour I got through to someone who eventually suggested downloading software with usb from samsung support website then using usb and television model number to upload onto telly. Have neither lap top or usb at home so will have to wait to try this out.
0 Likes
Hanf
Apprentice
Options

Having same issue on 3 TVS. So annoying. And thank god for this forum as was losing my rag.  Hope for an update soon Samsung. I guess you are not to blame. Why all the updates iPlayer!!!

1 x UE22H5600 and 2 x EU40H5500

0 Likes
CF6
Apprentice
Options

Hello

My iplayer stopped working last night too! Am not happy!....What else just before Xmas! Says not updated and when I go to updates, automatic updates are on and when I try and update manually, says no updates available! What is going on?

Can we please have a response from Samsung? It says no online representatives available to answer for TV and I've just given up calling support or I'll have no minutes left!

0 Likes
David2JF
Apprentice
Options

Exact same problem on my UE48H6700 TV.  I hope a further software update is being prepared asap to deal with this?

0 Likes
Chuffster
Apprentice
Options

Same issue with UE32H6400AKXXU. This tv is not currently listed on your ‘Support’ page as a model for which the update process will not work, along with many other referred to on here. Could you please provide a comprehensive list of all the models affected by this iPlayer issue and a time frame as to when it will be resolved. Thank you.

David2JF
Apprentice
Options

Very helpful; thanks for sharing this!

0 Likes
David2JF
Apprentice
Options

PS:  The 'solution' posted as a support news announcement on the Samsung web site is clearly totally inadequate.  Not good enough, Samsung!

0 Likes
CF6
Apprentice
Options
My model number is UE32H4500
Software Version T-MST14DEUC-2900.0
Sub-micom Version T-MST14DEUS-1009

I have complained to Iplayer about the updates - hope both Iplayer and Samsung sort it quickly or a lot of people will be miserable over Christmas! Wrong time of the year to be messing about with things!
Thanks
PeterPan99
Journeyman
Options

I have had the same problem since yesterday with a UE32H5500AK.  (bought in 2014)

It says that the TV needs an update, in order for iPlayer to work, but then says that it is already up to date (Version 2900)

I tried updating all apps.  Some did update, but not iPlayer, which shows its last update as Oct 2018.

Spent over half an hour getting hold of Samsung Support.  They tried to help, but clearly did not really know what to do.  They talked me through some sort of reset, which did not help, but meant that I had to re-register with ITV Hub and All 4 ( real pain) in order to use them.

Finally, they suggested that I leave it and try again tomorrow, by when it might be fixed!  From what I've read here and elsewhere, that is highly unlikely, so I have ordered a NowTV stick, in the hope that that will work.  At £15 for the basic version, it's a lot cheaper than buying a new TV.  

0 Likes