Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

iplayer suddenly not working on UE22H5600 or UE485700

(Topic created on: 09-12-2019 06:00 PM)
northern_boy
Apprentice
Options

iplayer started asking for a TV software update about an hour ago on both our  Samsung TV's, one 22" and one 48".  both are on version 2900 and both say there are no updates available.  Presumably something has changed in iplayer but since the BBC expects the manufacturers to support it only Samsubng can fix it.  Is there a fix coming for this as we use iplayer a lot.

Thanks

Peter 

Go to solution
96 REPLIES 96
Kath54
Apprentice
Options

Great it worked for me to....Model UE48H5500AKXXU.   The initial update message is still on though.  I hope it still works tomorrow, fingers crossed.

0 Likes
KeithF
First Poster
Options
Thank you Andrew, most helpful. This solution worked on my UE48H6240 model, still equipped with Software Version.....2900.0.
0 Likes
Noiplayer
Apprentice
Options

Big thank you to Andrew. it has worked here also on our UE48H6670. Why couldn't Samsung have put this in their website instead of posting a useless procedure that left us frustrated?

From two happy iplayer viewers.

PJHolloway
First Poster
Options
Worked perfectly. Thank you.
0 Likes
NickMK
First Poster
Options

Thank you Andrew, all working again.  Much appreciated 

0 Likes
northern_boy
Apprentice
Options

Andrew

Sorry for the delay in responding but I was away for a few days.  This has restored iplayer on both my TVs albeit with the "Update your software" message still extant.

I assume that there will ultimately be a firmware update which clears this error message.

Thanks

Peter

0 Likes
shorner
First Poster
Options
UE40H6700
Going to iplayer through the red button option is also a solution to access the BBC iplayer for the H range. I'll try the mains power off also.
Thanks
0 Likes