Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4, My5 disappeared from Smart Hub

(Topic created on: 09-12-2019 08:08 PM)
SiNDW
Explorer
Options

Hi all

I have a UE32F5500 Smart  TV. I managed to log into the BBC iPlayer but it wouldn't play any programmes. I see the BBC have said they are no longer supporting the app on some Samsung TVs but this one was not on the list.

I reset the Smart Hub and now the iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4 and My5 are not showing in the Samsung apps list.

I've done a reset within the TV but still none of the apps display. Any ideas? Really hoping they haven't gone forever. The last thing I need is to buy some kind of interactive box or new TV to get these apps back.

48 REPLIES 48
SiNDW
Explorer
Options

@Roy75 wrote:

I had the same problem with all the UK catch up apps missing after a Smart Hub reset, and this is what Samsung advised, which resolved the issue on my UE40H6400AKXXH:

If other applications are not working, or they are not visible on the Smart Hub at all, please try to manually set the Smart Hub's country setting to 'United Kingdom'. To do this, reset the Smart Hub by going to Menu > Smart Hub > Reset Smart Hub. Open the Smart Hub to run the setup.   While viewing the terms and conditions page of the Smart Hub, press the following buttons on the remote control: Fast Forward, 2, 8, 9, Rewind. When the country selection window appears, select 'United Kingdom' then go through the setup. Once the setup is complete, please check if the UK catch up applications are pre-installed

Samsung also advised that regarding the BBC iPlayer update, that the software update (I think they mean latest firmware version) does not currently apply to ‘H’ range models, and that a solution is currently being worked on.  However, although I get the message to update my software when I open the BBC iPlayer app, it otherwise works as normal and plays programmes, which it didn't before.

I tried this but I can't see any option in the Smarthub setup process to change the country setting. Doing the suggested task in the terms and conditions did nothing. No reply from Samsung on here either. Still no apps. Rubbish.

0 Likes
Roy75
First Poster
Options

Sorry to hear that, possibly a different 'secret code' for each model – there was no obvious option for me to change the country on mine, but when I performed the button routine on the page asking me to agree the T&Cs, a pop-up window appeared listing all the countries.  The first time I tried nothing happened, but that was because I’d used the left and right buttons (either side of select) rather than FFW and RWD buttons on the bottom row of the remote.

0 Likes
SiNDW
Explorer
Options

@Roy75 wrote:

Sorry to hear that, possibly a different 'secret code' for each model – there was no obvious option for me to change the country on mine, but when I performed the button routine on the page asking me to agree the T&Cs, a pop-up window appeared listing all the countries.  The first time I tried nothing happened, but that was because I’d used the left and right buttons (either side of select) rather than FFW and RWD buttons on the bottom row of the remote.

I appreciate you trying to help. I tried the FFW and RWD buttons several times but nothing g happened. Really frustrating that Samsung just leave customers to try and figure it out between themselves.

0 Likes
Wtfsaunders
Apprentice
Options
Samsung are officially ending support for iplayer soon, according to RicherSounds person I just spoke to. Seems a bit odd to me. Anyone else heard this?
0 Likes
PeterOliver
Journeyman
Options

My apps have all disappeared and smart hub has been saying it’s updating for two weeks now. I’ve tried resetting the tv, the smarthub says there are no new updates even though it’s not the latest update I have got. Tried emailing Samsung to no avail, finally spoke to a lady who sounded like she was as far away as the moon who just advised me to do everything I’d already done. She then said I should download the latest update from a laptop/usb method. I don’t have time for this!! At the end of the 35 minute phone call she said it all should update itself within a week!!

0 Likes
Kev59
First Poster
Options

I messaged samsung via Facebook as I had the exact same problems that you have. They tried to assist through messenger but it did not work so they set up a call from their support team. A lady from the Philippines called today and in a 45 minute call she reset the smart hub through remote management and tested I player, Netflix and YouTube. Great service samsung. Exceptional in fact. I can only recommend them very highly

Kev 

PeterOliver
Journeyman
Options

Hi Kev, 

thanks for the advice mate, did they tell you why this happens? I’ve just messaged them via Facebook messenger and I’m waiting for a reply now.

SiNDW
Explorer
Options

Hi all

Sorry for late reply but we too got this sorted last week. After quite a lengthy spell on hold I finally got through to the call centre in the Phillipines. The woman connected to our TV remotely and changed the country location of the Smart Hub to United Kingdom.

It seems the Smart Hub location had somehow changed when doing the Smart Hub reset / TV factory reset, which Samsung had advised to do as part of the troubleshooting.

After she had remotely changed the location the apps were available again. Got there in the end.

So it seems the best thing to do is to call the Samsung customer service line and work it from there.

0 Likes
QualityEngineer
First Poster
Options
Spent all afternoon and evening trying to restore the BBC i Player, ITV Hub and other "Catch Up" Apps on our UE40KU6400U set. All worked fine till a couple of days ago. Tried to send an E Mail to service but after spending a lot of time locating and filling out the form get a "Tried to send data without session message" What a shower!!. If I came across this fiasco during one of my Quality Assessment sessions, I would have issued a Major Quality Failure in a companies procedures. The product may be OK but the Support is "not fit for purpose" Come on Samsung, improve your Customer Support and advise us what is happening and when are you going to fix it.
0 Likes
DavidM27
First Poster
Options

I have a UE32H6400AKXXU.

I have:

- updated the software, current version is 2900

- turned it off and on following the instructions for H models

- reset the smart hub

- turned it off and on following the instructions again

However, this has still not restored the missing apps.  It doesn't seem possible to get through to customer services at the moment, so what should I do now?

0 Likes