Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC IPLAYER CRASHES UE50AU8000

(Topic created on: 28-10-2023 12:34 PM)
Steve761
Apprentice
Options

BBC IPLAYER app crashes and screen blacks out then tv restarts. Only happens on this app. I know this is a problem with other models of Samsung tvs. Is there a fix or firmware update for this yet? Thanks 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Steve761 

What's the current software version of your TV please? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV. Also, have you tried a Smart Hub Reset on the TV? Go to Home > Settings > Support > Device Care > Self Diagnosis > Reset Smart Hub. Let us know if this helps.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Steve761  Additionally  Is there any difference with the Beta version of the app? other ideas  are to check iplayer is also up to date ,though it may well be on Auto Update.  you may need to reinstall the iplayer app to see if that makes a difference.  could also reboot Tv and router  by unplugging from mains for a  minute.

An issue was reported with some Samsung Tv's in July, your model was not listed though.https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/issues/connected-tv/crashing-samsung-tv 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Steve761
Apprentice
Options

Hi Chris, tried all of the above still crashes. Software version is 2141.  Thanks for your feedback

Steve761
Apprentice
Options

Hi James, yeah tried reinstalling and unplugging router but still crashes. Thanks for your response though.

Steve761
Apprentice
Options

Update.  BBC IPLAYER seems to be working fine now. Not sure how but we had a power cut for a while and I noticed the software is now 2141.2

I also had removed the iPlayer app and then added it again once I see the software update. Maybe the iPlayer app updated too? Not sure but seems ok for now. 

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

We're pleased to read that the issue is now resolved, @Steve761, so thanks for keeping us updated and for providing some pointers that will likely prove useful for others. 👍

0 Likes